Chapter 6

^this is the Kitsune Saiguu

"Om-nom-nom-nom-nom," Lilith snuffled while munching on the delicious, delicious sakura mochi Makoto treated her to, then washed it down with a gulp of matcha tea. She had donned her cloak and mask once again now that the two were in a heavily populated area, and Makoto decided not to ask about her decision. Seeing as Lilith was also going incognito when they first met, Makoto figured that she had her own circumstances and wanted to respect that. After all, Makoto herself had a cloaking spell on to prevent the surrounding people from realizing that she was their Archon.

"Fufu... Lilith, you have some sweet bean paste on your mouth," Makoto chuckled, gently wiping the corner of Lilith's mouth with a handkerchief. Seeing the young woman sitting beside her munch on sakura mochi reminded the Archon of her younger sister Ei, and it filled her with a sense of sisterly protectiveness.

"Thanks, Makoto!" Lilith said sheepishly, a bit embarrassed at being treated like a small child.

"So, what brings you to Inazuma? I doubt a seasoned warrior such as yourself was wandering around those woods for fun," Makoto asked, sipping her own cup of tea.

"I was tracking someone down, but it turns out that she wasn't there anymore. Well, at least the negotiations with the Electro Archon didn't go well," Lilith shrugged, biting down on another piece of mochi.

"The... Electro Archon?" Makoto asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"Yeah, apparently she's the one in charge of Inazuma. I live in Liyue, so I don't know much about the countries other than there and Mondstadt, but the situation forced me across the sea. Well, at least I got a new friend out of it!" Lilith concluded cheerfully.

"Could this person you're chasing... be a Liyuan deity cloaked in shadows?" Makoto asked hesitantly, then jerked backwards as Lilith turned around sharply. She was shocked at the pure hatred and desperation radiating from Lilith's eyes, a sharp contrast with her usual cheerful aura.

"Have you seen her?!" Lilith demanded, raising her voice subconsciously, then seemed to check herself. Makoto noticed a glint of silver flickering to life within her eyes before it quickly faded away. "...Sorry for raising my voice like that. Please, tell me all you know about that god!" Lilith pleaded desperately, drawing back.

"There isn't much to say," Makoto sighed. "She remained cloaked throughout her meeting with m... the Almighty Shogun, and left the city almost as soon as the meeting was over. I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help," she apologized, seeing the crestfallen look on Lilith's face.

"N-no! It's really okay! I knew that finding her wouldn't be easy, so my hopes weren't too high in the first place," Lilith shook her head with a thankful smile. "Thank you for trying, anyways. You must be a pretty amazing person to witness such an important meeting!"

"I suppose you can say that," Makoto chuckled with an ironic smile. She couldn't possibly say that she was the Electro Archon the Evil God had met, seeing as Lilith still seemed ignorant of her new friend's identity. Sitting and talking like this, freely and with no formalities, was a fresh thing to Makoto. She wanted Lilith to remain unknowing of her true identity for as long as possible, for fear that Lilith would treat Makoto differently if she knew.