Chapter 14

A.N. Ehe... long chappy ;)

"Lily.... Why are you packing a bag with food, a map, and various torture devices?" Lucifer asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, nothing much. Just going to play whack-a-mole with a snake!" Lilith said with a dangerous grin, grabbing her favorite morning star.

"Does it have anything to do with the fact that you screamed Alatus's name so loud, people all the way in Inazuma could hear you?" Lucifer asked, a glint in his eye.

Lilith paused, then looked up at her brother. "Some sort of dark god took him, Luci. Right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't do a single thing about it," she growled, curling her hands into tight fists. Lucifer sighed, then bent down and gently took her trembling fists into his hands. He unfurled her hands, revealing bloody crescent moons carved over and over into her palms. "Her aura... it was terrifying. It was all I could do to stand and confront her verbally."

"We both know that if you had any chance at beating whoever took Alatus, she would already be at your feet," he murmured. "We're just not at the level to defeat a god. We've been living in peace for so long that we've forgotten what it's like to be faced with pure, unfiltered evil. I can't risk it, especially with your fragile sanity."

"Who're you calling fragile," Lilith huffed.

"Lilith. Do you seriously think that I haven't noticed?" Lucifer fixed her with a fierce glare. "You noticed the darkness beginning to bind Alatus's heart and absorbed as much as you could. We both know that if you try going against any kind of immortal being with hostile intent in your state, the overflow of darkness will break you."

"...I hate when you're right, Luci," Lilith grumbled in defeat.

"For now we need information. Who the god is, where her home base is, and how powerful she is. While we gather information, we also need power."

"But to get that power, we would need a proper teacher or at least stronger enemies. All these years of self-learning clearly hasn't helped much, and the monsters around here are too weak to give us a hard time," Lilith said, deep in thought.

"I... think I have an idea about what we can do," Lucifer said hesitantly.

"Legit?? Well, why didn't you say something earlier Lil' Bro??" Lilith's eyes literally sparked with excitement as she leaned forward.

"The thing is, I was reading through the book Mother gave us. About halfway through, it became a journal of sorts about some of the journeys our ancestors had. In one of those stories, there was a world where Demons, Goddesses, Giants, Fairies, and Humans exist. According to the descriptions, magic also exists and multiple elements can be wielded by a single person, so we won't stand out that much," Lucifer explained. (aka the world of The Seven Deadly Sins)

"Ooooh, cool! So we can train there!?" Lilith squealed with excitement.

"Yeah... but there's a problem," Lucifer rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"What kind?" Lilith asked, tilting her head to the side.

"It turns out that traveling across entire worlds has a cooldown time. If we leave, we won't be able to come back to Teyvat for at least a thousand years," Lucifer explained.

Lilith froze. "That long?" she whispered. A thousand years away from everybody she loved... A whole thousand years taken away from the time she could spend searching for Alatus. She knew in her head that it would take a long time to track down and analyze the god she didnt even know the name of (Curses! If only she hadn't interrupted that god!), not to mention prepare for battle. With an extra thousand years taken away... I don't even want to think about what Alatus would go through during that time. That woman... every nerve of my body screamed at me that she was wrong. It was all I could do to stand my ground, and it was only due to intense desperation that I even dared to try and stop her from taking Alatus away.