Chapter 7

"Winner of the semi finals' last match! Lily of the Valley!" the MC announced, having to practically scream over the deafening sound of applause erupting from the large audience. The people were sitting in a stadium-like area, with four sets of wooden seats ascending like staircases into the fourth cardinal directions. In the middle was a simple wooden platform, with the symbol of Inazuma emblazoned into the middle. Lilith stood right in the center, watching with a smug smirk as her unconscious opponent was carried away by two workers.

"As if I'd lose before the finals," Lilith said proudly, blowing a flirtatious kiss towards the audience. They screamed even louder, both men and women falling under the bewitching spell of the young woman. Lilith's cloak had to be removed so she could move around better, but her mask remained unmoved throughout her matches. The silver and gold accessory added to her air of mystery, drawing the audience's attention to her even more.

"The silver flower of our impromptu tournament takes the competition by storm, demolishing every single one of her opponents with a graceful dance of destruction! She hasn't used any weapons other than her own limbs and irresistible charm! Ladies and gentlemen, will she make it past the final match without a scratch on her, or will her young Kaedehara opponent knock the queen off her throne?!" the MC challenged to a deafening roar erupting from the frenzied audience.

"If I'm going down, I'll take the whole Archons-forsaken throne with me," Lilith joked, causing a wave of laughter to roll over the audience.

"I must admit that I did not expect to be fighting M'lady when I awakened this morning," Kazuto said with a rakish grin.

"I do hope that you won't pull your punches because of that little detail," Lilith said with the best puppy dog eyes she could manage, even with the mask hiding most of her upper face.

"It would be an insult upon your honor," Kazuto replied with a hand to his heart.

Before Lilith could respond, a resounding shout reached her ears. "Show that pretty boy what us beautiful women are made of, young blossom!" Lilith whipped her head towards the source of the words. Her mouth stretched into a delighted grin as she spotted Saiguu, a foxish smirk on her face as she blew out a puff of smoke, and Makoto, who was facepalming in exasperation.

"Hell yeah! I'll set this stage on fire!" Lilith cheered with reinvigorated enthusiasm, pumping her fists into the air. She whirled back to face Kazuto, a challenging smirk on her face. "You heard the lady. It seems that I have some arse kicking to do."

"I could ask for no less. However, if you don't mind me asking..." Kazuto said with a surprised expression, "how are you acquainted with Lady Kitsune Saiguu?"

"Hmm? She's a friend of a friend! I just met her today, though," Lilith replied, tilting her head to the side.

"You must be an even more important lady than I thought to be so intimate so quickly with the-" Kazuto started before he was interrupted by the MC.

"Sorry for the wait, folks! Now, for the moment we've all been waiting for! The final battle between two monsters on the battlefield, both fighting for the honor of being granted a wish by the Almighty Lady Shogun! Lily of the Valley, Kaedehara Kazuto, stand ready!"

Lilith shifted her feet, spreading them apart for more stability. One hand stretched out before her, the other behind. With a quiet whisper, her trusty blade materialized into the hand behind her. The crowd went wild, ecstatic to see the woman finally use a blade for the final match. Kazuto calmly readied his hand near the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it at a moment's notice. A tense silence fell over the stage, the audience's collective breath bated as they waited for the MC's signal.