X: Bad Neighbour

Chapter Ten      /      Bad Neighbour

Chapter Ten / Bad Neighbour

Season One      /      Episode Twelve

Season One / Episode Twelve

Life in the BAU was put on extreme with Monica moving during cases and reports being due. It was like whatever pressure she felt already while working for the FBI was heightened, and it did nothing but make her life a misery for a fortnight. Luckily her team was supportive. Morgan and Elle offered to help move items over from her old apartment, each taking their own cars to carry the boxes she had packed. Hotch offered to give her a couple days off to ease the pressure, but when Monica's eyebrows pinched, he realised he said the wrong thing and simply excused her from work for the rest of the day. Little did she know that meant he stayed later in his office to finish off her paperwork, but Monica cared minimal as she carried boxes half her weight up flights of stairs for six hours straight. Anderson was nothing but supportive in the first week she moved in; cooking dinner, cleaning the apartment, and offering to buy anything she needed to make the apartment feel more homely. It was not until two weeks had passed where they fell into a routine. Monica would cook their food; he would clean up after her then Fridays they would get fast food. He would wake up early due to his shift hours and have breakfast premade for her, and today was no different.

It had been nearly three weeks of her living as Anderson's roommate, and by now the pressure of work and a new environment had disappeared. So, the singular poached egg broken and spread across two toasts buttered with avocado was simply expected but so loved. It was a favourite breakfast of the pair, another common trait they learnt since living together. Monica ate while listening to the news on the radio, using her spare hand to scribble numbers in patterns for her daily Sudoku in the newspaper Anderson would get but never use. When she finished her mind puzzle and washing up her breakfast plates, she found herself outside on the apartment's balcony after putting in a CD into the radio. With a cigarette in one hand, the other tapped along the barrier to the ABBA music blasted in the apartment. Monica was sure those living across the floor from them would consider her a bad neighbour, but after what she has heard coming from their side of the apartment late at night? She could give a shit about what they thought!