Chapter Six

"Nothing," I lie.

"Don't lie to me," he says.

"It's nothing. Really," I tell him.

"It isn't nothing if it's making you cry," he says softly.

That's when I realize that he's right. I didn't mean to, but I started to silently cry. I turn away from him and try to wipe away my tears. I groan in frustration when more falls.

"I'm sorry. Just ignore me," I tell him.

"Not a chance. Are you hurt?" he asks, but I shake my head. "Do you regret it?" he asks softly.

"No! It's not that. I'm just being stupid for crying, but I can't seem to stop," I say to him.

"Tell me what's on your mind then," he says as he wraps his arms around me.

He kisses my shoulder.

"It's nothing important. I'm sorry for this," I say softly.

Damn it, Virgil. Stop. He turns me around, so I'm facing him. He wipes away my tears and kisses my forehead.

"You can tell me," he says.

"I'm just overthinking," I mumble.

"What about?" he asks.

"What's going to happen now? Are you going to leave? Are you going to stop being my friend? What does this mean for us? I don't want to lose our friendship, but I-" I ask but cut myself off at the end.

"Do you want me to leave?" he asks.

"No..." I say softly.

He smiles at me.

"Then you want me to stay? With you?" he asks.

I close my eyes and barely nod. He touches the side of my face, so I open my eyes.

"I want that too," he tells me before kissing me.

I lean in closer to him. He smiles into our kiss before pulling back.

"Come on. Let's get cleaned up," he says.

We get out of bed and go into my bathroom. He steps into the shower and turns the knob the wrong way. He yelps as he quickly moves from under the water. I laugh lightly at him. He gives me a look before turning the knob the other way. Once it's warm, he pulls me into the shower.

"You're so beautiful," he says out of nowhere.

I get flustered but instantly respond with, "Not nearly as beautiful as you."

I put my hands on his chest and move them up to his face.

"Agree to disagree," he says as he leans down to kiss me softly.

I deepen it. When we pull apart, he looks at me as if I'm something precious to him. I bite my lip and turn around to start washing myself. We take turns under the water to rinse.

When we finish in the shower, we get out and dry off. Then we go into my room to get dressed. Once I'm dressed, I glance over to see Roman pulling on his shirt. When it's on he turns to look at me and smiles. I quickly look down and turn away from him.

"Don't tell me you're still embarrassed," he says, and I hear him walk up to me.

"I-I'm not," I say but cringe at my stuttering.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

"You're adorable," he says.

I bite back a smile and let myself lean back against him.