Ch. 7: Mr & Mrs. Ghost

Alizey's P.O.V.

"Yeh sab kya hai, Mami?" I asked her, following her into her bedroom after she welcomed me in with a long reassuring hug and words of comfort.
(What is all this, Mami?)

There was a gold and crème bridal gharara suit on the bed with jewelry and makeup surrounding it.

"Jaise bhi ho raha hai, aaj tumhara nikkah hai. Main chahti hoon ke kam se kam thodi si khushiyaan ho, beta. Meri beti ho tum, aur Fawad mere bohat qareeb hai. Iss rishte se main khush hoon, aur dekhna, sab achcha hi hoga." She lifted the clothes off the bed, smiling, "I wore this on my walima. I thought you could wear this today. I know you kids nowadays like more gorgeous outfits. This one is more decorated than my nikkah dress, which was a lot more simple. What do you think?"
(However it's happening, today is your nikkah. I want there to be a little bit of happiness at least, dear. You are my daughter, and Fawad is very close to me. I am happy with this relationship, and watch, everything will work out well)

I felt the light gold fabric, "It's beautiful, Mami."

"Really?! Oh, I always wanted that my daughter would wear my bridal clothes one day, and my daughter really is going to!" she caressed my cheek.

I giggled softly, going into the restroom with the clothes to get changed. When I returned, Mami gushed over how the outfit fit me like a glove. She then helped me put on some bangles and a necklace. Once I applied a light dusting of makeup, she twisted my hair into a beautiful bun design then placed the dupatta over my head.

"Kitne pyaari lag rahi ho, Alizey," Mami smiled emotionally, holding my cheek.
(You are looking so lovely, Alizey)

"Thank you, Mami."

She took my hands, "Mujhe pata hai ke mujhe tumhe kuch samjhana nahin hai. Tum bohat achchi biwi banogi. Bas ek dusre ke khayal rakhna aur narmi se kaam lena. Darne ki koi baat nahin hai. Fawad ek achcha ladka hai."
(I know I don't have to explain anything to you. You will be a very good wife. Just take care of one another and act with gentleness with each other. There's nothing to fear. Fawad is a good boy.)

I nodded.

"Tum ab aaram karo. Harris ke college se aate aate, jaane ke waqt ho jaayega."
(Take some rest now. By the time Harris returns from college, it will be time to go.)

"Fawad kya humein wahan milenge ya phir yahan aayenge?"
(Is Fawad going to meet us there or come here?)

"Fawad, Haadi, aur tumhara Mamu humein masjid mein milenge."
(Fawad, Haadi, and your Mamu are going to meet us at the mosque.)

I nodded.

And when Harris came home, putting a stone on his heart regarding Fawad, he greeted me, "You look beautiful, Zey."

"Thank you," I smiled softly.

He gave my hand a squeeze and caressed my head before he walked away to freshen up. After he showered and donned a kurta, he drove Mami and I to the mosque.

"Look, they're here," Mamu announced as we entered, my veil covering my face.

I lifted my gaze slowly and found Fawad standing next to my uncle with his brother, who slightly resembled him, wore glasses, and was my height.

My heart raced as I took in Fawad's appearance. His midnight-black strands were styled with a touch of gel and he was sporting a black kurta-jacket set. He was dangerously breathtaking.

He also stared at me, making me lower my eyes. And it simply just boggled my mind at where destiny had brought us. This man who I'd met a few weeks ago at the mechanic shop and developed a massive crush on was going to be my husband, even if it was for just a year.