Ch. 26: Life of My Life

Alizey's P.O.V.

I felt like I was floating in the air. The sparks, the magic, the love--it was spellbinding.

We had lost all sense of time as we kissed. I never wanted the moment to end.

It felt like a dream, every single aspect of it felt too good to be true.

But once in a while, we come across moments in our lives that are even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined in our wildest dreams. This, right here, was just that.

My heartbeat echoed in my ears as we pulled back.

Someone pinch me. Was this all real?

Fawad gazed into my eyes, enamored. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world with the way he was looking at me. The love I had always yearned to see in his eyes for me was there clear as day. And it was only for me.

He leaned in once more and took my lips with a short gentle kiss. Each kiss felt even more knee-buckling, even more magical than the last.

"I love you too," I managed to whisper, falling deeper and deeper for his pretty eyes.

A smile tugged on Fawad's lips while he gazed into my orbs, utterly enamored. "I never want us to end, Alizey," he murmured. "I want to be with you until my last breath... Can we put the conditions behind us?"

"No more conditions?"

"No more conditions."

I nodded, unable to believe all this happiness.

Fawad lowered his head and placed his lips on mine when-

"Hey!"

Fawad and I broke the kiss, turning our heads towards the voice. We squinted at the source shining a flashlight at us.

It was a security guard.

I turned away, hiding my face in Fawad's shoulder. My cheeks flushed with embarrassment at the man having seen us kiss.

"Operation hours ended 15 minutes ago. You two aren't allowed up here."

Fawad nodded. "We were just leaving."

"The ski lift officially shuts off at 9. To avoid getting stranded, please head down now. If you two don't oblige, I will have to report you both."

My husband led me to the ski lift, his arm wrapped around my waist. It felt like my feet weren't even touching the ground. I was on cloud nine.

Fawad loves me. He loves me!

We quickly sat down on the seats and began our descent down the hill.

Fawad cuddled me to himself, pecking my head then my neck before whispering into my ear, "Are you warm?"

I nodded, staring up at him dreamily.

He rested his forehead against mine, and we closed our eyes.

The bliss, the happiness, the serenity--was this a dream? I wasn't being able to believe my fate.

I felt him peck my lips gently. I then hid my face in his shoulder, hugging him. I was feeling shy and overwhelmed. I wasn't used to any of this.

Fawad held me to himself until we got to the bottom of the mountain. He tugged me along to a restaurant at the hotel, and I just floated alongside him. I had written about my protagonists being love drunk plenty of times in my books, but here I was experiencing it for the first time. My ears had shut out the entire world. All I heard were sounds of his beautiful deep voice, not registering the meaning of any of his words. I nodded with a lazy smile, unsure of what I was agreeing to while he ordered. The other people dining around us were mere blurry figures. Fawad was the only one I saw.