Ch. 25: Snowflake

Alizey's P.O.V.

"And this is your cabin. If you two need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. Your uncle is a very good friend of mine. I would be glad if I can do anything to make your stay the most memorable," Muneeb Uncle smiled, opening the door for us.

"Thank you so much, Uncle. There was no need for a separate cabin. We would have been fine in the hotel too," I told him, stepping into the large, modern wooden-style space.

"Consider it my wedding gift to you two. Shehroze Bhai told me you two got married just a few months ago."

Fawad and I nodded politely.

"Take some rest or feel free to go and explore the resort. If you need anything, I'm just a phone call away." With that, Muneeb Uncle closed the door and left.

"It's so nice," I commented, walking into the living room that had tall floor-to-ceiling windows. "We'll get to see it snow right from here."

I turned around to look at Fawad when I didn't hear a response to only find him looking at me with warm eyes. He nodded, snapping out of his thoughts.

"Do you want to rest up a bit or do you want to head out now?"

"I'm fine with whatever."

"Okay. Then let's put our bags in the room?"

He nodded, lifting them and following me into the pristine room with a white king-sized bed adorned with two kissing towel swans and a soft, red heart-shaped pillow amongst regular white ones. Two side tables bordered the headboard. Across from the bed was a TV on the wall, under which stood a desk and counters. At the end of the room, there were two love seats with a small table in between, all in front of more floor-to-ceiling windows that made up the entire wall.

I made my way over to the table between the love seats. There was a bouquet and a basket.

"What does it say?" Fawad asked about the note sticking out of the bundle of flowers while he placed our bags on the counters.

"It's from the company, congratulating us on our marriage and wishing us a happy stay." I opened the clear wrapping around the basket. "There's crackers, white cheddar popcorn, cookies, and candy."

Fawad approached behind me, checking out the snacks. "Nice." He checked over his shoulder, "Do you see the remote anywhere? I want to check the local weather and also see what channels they have."

I looked around to no avail. "Hmm. Maybe they're in the drawers or something. Check the side tables or the desk's drawer."

"Can you take out our gloves from the bags meanwhile?" he went over to the side table.

I nodded. As I opened our bags and searched for our respective pairs of gloves, he passed behind me and went to the other side table.

"Did you find it?" I asked.

"No," I heard the amusement in his voice, "But I found a pack of condoms."

I choked on my spit, my eyes widening as I turned around. "What?"

He inspected the box, stifling a laugh, "Shehroze Uncle's friend is quite... modern."

"It-it's probably there because of the old management. Muneeb Uncle bought out the resort recently."

"Right," a small chuckle slipped out between his lips.

"Fawad, put that away!"

"It is the honeymoon cabin," he jested, putting the box back and closing the drawer.