Chapter One: New day, New School, New boy

It was the first day of school for the Stronghold twins, Will and Noel Stronghold. The children of Steve and Josie Stronghold, are the best realtors in their hometown Maxville well at least when the city wasn't in danger because when it was they were known as The Commander and Jetstream, awesome names right? The guardians and one of the many superheroes of the world, with the Commander's strength and invulnerability he can smash through nearly anything while the Jetstream's sonic flight ability and her mastery of hand-to-hand combat make her a lethal fighting machine. You might be wondering that since the parents had powers so would the children. Sadly that is where you would be wrong. Neither of the kids had powers and were upset about it. Will decided to hide the fact from his parents by having a weight set in his room and keeping an ear out for his dad. Noel decided to console her mom about taking a non-super route like learning hacking, invention, and even martial arts, though her dad keeps asking for updates on her powers.

The siblings were close but did have issues. Noel didn't like the fact that Will was lying to their parents and Will just didn't like hearing her 'nagging' about him coming clean.

Well today was the first day at their new school, Sky High, the high school for the children of supers, and the kids were getting ready.

While Will was attempting to lift weights, Noel was making sure she looked like a snow angel. She kept her eye makeup very natural with nude colors but lined them with white liquid eyeliner and pressed shimmer shadow on it and used white mascara while for her lips she just used a clear shimmer lipgloss. As for her outfit, it was a white off-the-shoulder mini dress with blue accents on the edges and her shoes were light blue platform boots. For the final touches, she wore her hair in loose, beach waves with blue and purple streaks, and her neck was adorned with a blue velvet choker with a crystal snowflake as a pendant.

"A bit much don't you think?" Her father's voice asked from behind causing her to turn around quickly. "I mean, you don't people to look at you like a ..."

"Like a freak?" Noel cut in as she grabbed her bag. "I would rather be considered a freak than be a fake." She bumps his shoulder as she walks out of her room and heads downstairs. When she gets downstairs, she sees her's and Will's childhood best friend sitting at the table. "Hey Lay"

"Hey, snow." The redhead greeted her friend before they hugged and Noel went and gave her mom a hug as well.

Her mom, Josie, smiled and kisses her daughter's cheek "Morning baby girl" before taking in how her daughter looks. "You look gorgeous sweetie."

Noel hugged her mom once more "Thank you, mama."

The older woman could tell something was bothering her daughter and she also has a feeling as to what it was. "Well today is your first day, so eat your breakfast and chat with Layla" She placed a plate full of food in front of her daughter, who took a seat and did as her mother asked.

While the girls chatted and ate, Josie couldn't help but feel like she could strangle her husband with how he was with their daughter. Josie knew the moment she held that little girl in her arms for the first time, that she would forever protect that child from everyone, even her husband. Speak of the devil, he walked into the kitchen and welcomed the redhead. "Oh, hi Layla."

"Good morning Commander" Layla greeted as she saw him without his glasses.

The older male was confused until Layla made a gesture showing that he was missing his glasses. "Oh, thanks Layla" He grabs his glasses from his sweater vest before putting them on and opening the newspaper. But before he glanced at it, he saw that Noel was still in the outfit from before. "Didn't I say that your look is a little much for the first day?" He questioned his daughter in a slightly judgmental tone.