● Poker Face

Nobita buttoned his shirt as Dekisugi observed him. His fever dream had finally come true until Nobita decided to pull away from the tension he initiated.
It appeared as if his consciousness gripped him back from the darkness of lust.

After a few minutes of silence, Nobita cleared his throat.

"Can we just forget what happened between us?"

Dekisugi's soul was wretched upon hearing those words.

*"I knew it... he was probably just experimenting... he is not gay.... or maybe I am not good enough..*

His eyes became a little moist as the gloomy thoughts took over his mind. He tried to console himself but still wanted the answer. So he could repent in peace.

"Why?" He mustered up the courage to ask.

"It's not worth it," Nobita answered in a low voice.

"Wha-whats not worth it?" Dekisugi asked as his voice trembled a little.

"God! Why do you ask so many questions?" Nobita raised his voice, but instead of finding it intimidating, Dekisugi found it a little.... peculiar, as if Nobita was trying to mask his real emotions with anger.

"I don't know, because I am entitled to it?" Dekisugi decided to speak back bluntly. Nobita wasn't being honest about his feelings and it irritated him.

He could no longer hide the fact that he indeed liked Nobita and that too from a long time, and he wouldn't let go until he was assured that there was no hope of picturing them together.

Nobita rolled his eyes, which poked Dekisugi's soul further.

"Oh? Now we're rolling our eyes? I am sorry Mr Nobi but it was you who decided to kiss your fucking classmate!"

Nobita sighed heavily. His face had a mix of expressions. He seemed worried but also irritated. As if he was forced to face something he didn't want to.

"Alright... Calm down first of all"

"Calm? Why should I be calm? I need an answer-"

Nobita covered Dekisugi's mouth harshly. Surprised, Dekisugi looked into Nobita's eyes which seemed.. hollow as if there was no string of empathy or love.

"If you don't shut your fucking mouth, I swear I will make sure you never open it again"

Chills went down Dekisugi's spine, Nobita's tone got deep, and for some reason, it was evident that he wasn't fucking around.

Nobita removed his hand from Dekisugi's face. On which he witnessed a mix of emotions, sadness, anguish, and terror.

*"No, no, no, you can't hurt him Nobita!"*

"Oh my God, I am so sorry Dekisugi! I-I didn't mean to"

"Get out," Dekisugi said in a shaky voice.

"I am sorry-"

"I said get out!" Dekisugi turned his face away. Probably to hide the tear that just rolled down his cheek.

"Please listen to me.." Nobita got on his knees as he took Dekisugi's hand.

"Please?" He repeated himself in a gentle tone while he rubbed and kissed his hand, which melted Dekisugi a little.

He wiped his moist cheeks and turned to face Nobita.

"Wha-what?"

"It's not that I don't like you Dekisugi, it's just that I am not ready for something serious.."

"What do you mean?"

"Like a committed relationship, I don't think I am ready for that.."

Dekisugi noticed the seriousness in Nobita's tone, he was confused about why Nobita felt that way but somewhat glad that he was being open about his feelings.

"It's alright Nobita, but.. why exactly do you feel that way?"

"...."

"It's okay..... you can tell me"

"I am worried it will affect my studies"

"... is that all?"

"You know Dekisugi, being bullied all my life, I gradually learned that the only thing I had to prove myself was my brain. I am not athletic, or muscular, so I couldn't defeat Gian in fights or in general in any sports, My family is not rich, so I couldn't brag about my wealth in front of Sunio, I didn't have good looks, Shizuka would have never liked me, the only possible slap I could give was by being a top student, and I don't want to lose that"

A smile formed on Dekisugi's face. He was proud. Proud of Nobita for fighting back through his wit and hard work. If he wanted he could have used Doraemon to get all the physique, wealth, and cheat codes to get his revenge, but he decided to work on himself. It was kind of sad how his bullying was taken as a joke by many.

It was no "joke" or just "friends fooling around". Even if we keep physical injuries aside, verbal abuse is also a real big deal. In an instant of time, you would say something to someone, without a second thought, It's just like throwing a rock into the ocean, you never know how deep it goes.

And the staggering effect it still had on Nobita's mental health was proof of it.

"I am sorry if that's a stupid reason..."

"It's not, I am glad that you opened up about how you feel. Knowledge indeed is the supreme power and considering where you are coming from, I completely understand if you don't want to be in a relationship. And it's completely alright"

Nobita's eyes lit up as he heard Dekisugi's words. As if he was finally able to share a string of his internal thoughts with someone who fully understood him.

He kissed Dekisugi's hand again causing a slight blush to appear on the other's cheek.

"Give me some time okay?" He said in a gentle tone.

"Sure" Dekisugi smiled. Lost in each other eyes they were startled by a loud thud on the window.

"OWW"

"What was that?" Dekisugi asked in a low voice.

"It must be Doraemon" Nobita sighed.

Yup. Doraemon just banged his oval head on the window. He came in search of Nobita as it was late and he wasn't home for dinner.

Nobita opened the window as Doraemon stood there with crossed arms.

"NOBITA! DO YOU KNOW HOW LATE YOU FUCKING ARE? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ANGRY MOM IS?"

Nobita, despite being a lot bigger and stronger than he used to be, still stood like a child being scolded. His head lowered, hands behind his back, and a slight pout. It was a sight to adore. Dekisugi couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"I am sorry okay? Me and Dekisugi got some work assigned by the teacher, we have to complete it as quickly as possible"

"Is that right Dekisugi?"

"Oh, oh umm, ye-yes, absolutely"

"Okay then I trust you, let's go Nobita"

"You trust him more than me?" Nobita said with a pout.

"Considering the last 6 years I have spent with you, yes"

"Oh fuck off"

"Later Dekisugi"

Dekisugi waved as Nobita and Doraemon flew away with their bamboo copters. He closed the window and let out a deep sigh. He touched his lips, remembering the intimate moment between him and Nobita.

*"I can still feel his lips on mine..."*

He felt his body warm up from the idea of being with Nobita the same way.

However, one thing still boggled his mind.

*"What if he still didn't tell me the entire reason?"*