The Not So Great Outdoors.

{ - This fanfiction is heavily inspired by the AU drawn and made by @eavee_ry on TikTok, please check out their AU as it's incredibly thought out and well drawn, and thank you for giving me permission to write this! - }

{- This Chapter is simply a recreation of the pilot of Total Drama Island, introducing characters, the drama starts in the second chapter but I highly recommend still reading this first chapter. -}

Canada's brand new hit Reality TV's pilot is now currently in the making, but this show won't make it past the pilot as tragedy hits the campers, it ends in a fight for their own lives.

Who will survive?

-

''We're coming at you live from Camp Wawanakwa!'' The iconic voice played, Chris McLean was quite famous already before Total Drama aired, between cooking shows and old boy-bands, his voice and face is well known to the public. ''I'm your host, Chris McLean!'' The host says in a joyful tone, almost decieving to the kind of person Chris McLean truly is. ''Here's the deal, 22 campers have signed up to spend eight weeks at this crappy old summer camp, they'll compete in challenges against each other, then have to face the judgement of their fellow campers. Every 3 days, one team will either win an award, or watch a fellow teamate walk down the dock of shame, take a ride on the loser boat and leave Total Drama. Their fate will be decided at the dramatic campfire ceremony where each week, all but one camper recieves a marshmellow. In the end, only one contestant will be left and awarded with the fortune of 100 thousand dollars! Every moment will be caught on the numerous cameras we have hidden in every angle of the island to watch their every move! Who will crumble under the pressure? Find out here on.. Total... Drama.. Island!.." With the now iconic intro playing, it gives the viewership a chance to meet the campmates briefly in the montage of moments played in the intro.

The show immediately plays after the short break with the intro playing, cutting back to a wide-shot of Chris McLean on the dock with the whole island in the background. ''Welcome back to, Total Drama Island!'' he exclaims. ''It is now time to meet our 22 campers! We told them they'd be staying at a 5 star resort, so if they seem a little off, that's probably why!'' Chris said in a almost laughing manner, finding it almost hillarious how he has succeeded in tricking innocent teens to compete in his show. 

As the first boat shows, coming from the distance of the ocean towards the island's dock and Chris before docking, one young girl steps off. She is wearing a green shirt with bright pink pants, an odd combination of colors, her brown hair tight in a ponytail, her prominent glasses and braces showing, especially with her wide smile as she steps onto the dock. She has a medium sized suitcase in her right hand. She immediately drops it as Chris speaks.

''Beth! Whats up?'' Chris says in a cheerful tone to the teen. ''Oh my god!'' She exclaims in a joyful screech before running up to Chris and hugging him tightly. Chris's face is displeased by the sudden touch. ''It is so incredible to meet you!'' Beth screeches in his ear. ''Wow, you're much shorter in real life.'' Chris gives an immediate dirty look towards Beth from this comment, commenting on Chris's looks is a massive red flag in his books. Too easy to shatter his ego.

Beth steps aside at the sudden frown on his face, shortly before the next boat docks, the boats seemed so high-tech and lovely, yachts that would only sail for the wealthy.

The next contestant is a taller, more muscular man, carrying two suitcases in each hand wearing a dark-green top with an orange letter 'D' in the middle of it, shorts down just before his knees. 

''DJ!'' Chris introduces him to the camera. ''Yo!'' he says, realising the 5 star resort is not to be seen. ''Chris McLean! How's it going?..'' he pauses. ''You sure you got the right place, man?'' Chris almost sounds like hes mocking him. ''Yo, dawg! This is it.'' DJ has a displeased look on his face before joining Beth on the opposite side of the dock to where the boats dock. ''Hi there!'' Beth says enthusiastically. ''Hey there! I like your...'' DJ pauses trying to think. ''Pants!.'' he gestures to her bright pink pants. ''Oh! Thank you.'' Beth gives off possibly the biggest smile known to man, her braces the most prominent feature on her face now.