A New Era.

{ - This fanfiction is heavily inspired by the AU drawn and made by @eavee_ry on TikTok, please check out their AU as it's incredibly thought out and well drawn, and thank you for giving me permission to write this! - }

- WRITERS NOTE BEFORE CHAPTER STARTS. -

Sorry for the few day gap of updates! School started and it got quite stressful, I'm hoping to be able to upload more often now and have multiple chapters written in a day and have them published at later times. Thank you to everyone who's stayed.

-

''I miss you Katie.''

-

What felt like the most chaotic night so far, ended in a fatality.

The shore washed up against Katie's unconscious body, the brief waves washing over her battered figure, the bruises now fully formed and black eyes visible from a mile away. The sun had risen in the time she was knocked out, the group starting to form back together, figuring out who's still alive.

As the group settled back in, they realised a quite chirpy and loud duo were now silent, absent.

''Where's Katie & Sadie?'' Duncan asked, glancing around to double-check that nobody else was missing.

''I.. I don't know, we should look for them..'' Courtney suggested, gulping at the realisation there was a big chance they weren't going to find them alive and breathing.

The group nodded, sticking close together as they searched the camp, starting in the cabins, cafeteria, confessional, the edge of the forest and the dock.

The dock overlooked the shore, in which they could see a brief figure laying in an uncomfortable position against a rock that was keeping her from washing out into the ocean. ''Is that..?'' Courtney glanced. ''Katie.'' The group ran over, quickly checking her pulse. ''Weak, but alive.'' Eva said. Katie was practically black and blue, her arm having cuts and two slashes, the bruises covering her legs and both arms. A prominent black eye on her left eye and slightly visible one on her right, blood dripping from her mouth from where she bit the killer. ''She must have fought the killer.'' Gwen said, getting closer to her. ''We should move her, this isn't a good place for her.'' Heather interfered, a genuine sound of concern in her voice.

''We need to find Sadie.'' Bridgette suggested. Geoff placing a sympathic hand on his shoulder. ''I think we know what happened to Sadie, If Katie is in this shape and she still isn't dead, then it must have been Sadie who died.'' Duncan said in a dreadful tone. ''The killer would make sure she wasn't alive.''

The group filled with sorrowful expressions, some closing their eyes, a moment of silence for Sadie.

''Let's move her to the infirmary.'' Trent suggested.

The group nodded, Leshawna, Duncan and Gwen carrying her by her head and shoulders, Courtney, Geoff and Owen taking her legs. The rest of the group led the way, making sure Katie didn't fall or get injured any further.

''It's up here.'' Izzy took a turn, passing the now burnt down cabin and into a tent that resembled a military tent. The tent had medical supplies and 6 beds.

''Okay, let's place her here.'' The group gently placed her on the bed. ''How will we tell her Sadie's gone?'' Bridgette asked. ''We don't know yet, let's... not jump to any conclusions yet.'' Courtney tried to be positive, but deep down she knew Sadie wasn't with them anymore.

''What now?'' Ezekiel asked. ''The cabins are gone.'' Geoff responded. ''Where will we sleep?'' Owen asked. The group turned to Courtney for an answer. She sighed, a feeling of defeat washing over her. ''I don't know.''