66

Crossroad city center. The temple.

Having been transported here since dawn, I was getting my left arm treated.

"I'm not sure how you came about this injury."

The temple's priest and Rank-R healer, 'Saintess' Margarita, finished treating me and wrapped my arm in a bandage.

"Every single bone in your left arm is shattered. Thankfully, you gave yourself first aid with a potion, so it didn't lead to a life-threatening injury."

Ouch.

After tying me up in a cast, Margarita, who had stepped back, let go of my arm.

"Even after the treatment is completed, you won't be able to use your left arm as before. Your grip strength will decrease, your wrist may stiffen, among other problems."

"Is that so..."

I gritted my teeth.

The price of the 000 fumble was hefty. Should I be grateful I'm not a combatant?

"Anyway, absolute rest is needed. Come to the temple once every two days to get treatment."

"Understood, Saintess. Thank you."

After fiddling with my immobilized left arm, I asked a question.

"Is Evangeline okay?"

"Her shoulder injury is a bit severe, but if she doesn't strain herself, she should recover soon. She's an exceptionally sturdy person."

She is a SSR-Rank Tanker. Her recovery ability is incomparable to my frail one. Or is this the difference between a teenager and someone in their 20s?

After expressing my gratitude to Margarita, as usual, I generously put a donation in the donation box and stepped outside. Lucas was standing there.

"..."

Seeing my left arm in a cast, Lucas's face was a complicated one. I smirked.

"What did I say? I came back in one piece... ouch!"

The jerk suddenly hit my left arm. Sparks flew in front of my eyes. Argh!

"It's fucking painful! What are you doing, bastard!"

"You're not exactly in one piece, are you? Stop bragging."

Sure, but that doesn't mean you should hit my injured area! If you have a complaint, use words, you jerk!

As I was about to flare up, Lucas made a face like a rain-soaked puppy.

"What reckless act did you do this time, My Lord..."

"Ugh."

Stop making that face! I haven't done anything wrong but I'm feeling guilty!

"Next time, absolutely do not do anything so reckless."

"Alright, alright..."

After casually reassuring Lucas, I asked about the most important matter.

"Did the defense battle go smoothly?"

I hadn't received a detailed battle report yet. Lucas slowly nodded.

"As I could not cause any harm to you, My Lord, I commanded to the best of my ability."

"Oh, you too..."

Lucas explained to me the general flow of the defense battle.

He said that within 15 minutes of the start of the battle, Damien had sniped all three of the magic stone golems.