CSI Season 2 Episode 19 --Stalker

--Stalker

When we went into work, Nick and I stopped by Gil's office. We had a discussion last night at his place about doing the right thing – telling the department that we were in a relationship. In my previous place of employment, they would have reprimanded me for seducing a coworker. Then I would have been demoted. Nick reassured me that this wasn't the case here – that numerous coworker's had relationships within the department.

Nick had rubbed my back as I tried to calm my breathing. I was worked up just by asking him what if they split us up. Moved us to a different shift, because then we wouldn't be able to see each other. Nick shook his head, his crooked smile enveloping his face.

"That won't happen, darlin'," Nick reassured me, his Texas drawl soothing my frayed nerves at the aspect of telling Grissom that I was involved with one of his best CSI's. I knew that Nick valued the opinion of Grissom as well, so that was also nerve-wracking.

"But how do you know?" I stressed, looking at him as I bit my lip. Nick laughed, not unkindly, but used his thumb to release my lip from the abuse of my teeth.

"Do you know how many of the lab has been together?" When I shook my head, Nick elaborated on the number of relationships he knew of, as well as how they were treated once it came out.

When we knocked on Gil's door, he was bent over looking at something through a magnifying glass. He looked intrigued to see us at his door, both requesting an audience at the same time. Gil motioned to the chairs at his desk, wordlessly, and waited to see what we were going to say.

"We've been dating," I blurted out, unable to keep it a secret any longer. Nick gave an awkward chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Is that all?" Grissom asked, raising an eyebrow. "I thought someone was confessing to a crime. Needing help with hiding a dead body or something."

"I didn't want to be in any type of department violation," I told Gil who nodded, as Nick was chuckling.

"See, I told you!" Nick pointed out.

"I see no issue with two of my CSI's dating," Gil remarked, already losing interest in this conversation and looking down at the bug he was studying. "I will make a note of it for your documents with the Crime Lab."

"That's it?" I asked, a little shocked at the handling of a relationship. Nick had validated this point and to see it occurring was honestly a little shocking.

"Yup," Gil nodded, opening our files and putting something in the documents. "The only issue would be if you two were supervisor and subordinate. Then you wouldn't be able to do the other's evaluations."

"Wow," I breathed a sigh of relief. "Who knew?"

"I tried to tell you!" Nick smiled at me, as he shook his head, good-naturedly. "You've been panicking since our fourth date."

"Well," I tried to explain, but finally gave up. Gil gave us both a rare smile.

"Get ready, we have a 419 – it's going to require all of us to handle the evidence," Gil said. We both nodded and went to the locker room to get ready.

Once we were finished putting our holsters on, getting the guns loaded, and grabbing our credentials, we both exited the locker room and went to the breakroom where the others were waiting for the assignment of the night. I looked at our coworkers before taking a deep breath.

"Before Ecklie or someone says something – Nick and I are dating," I told them. They all grinned, Warrick slapping Nick on the back, congratulating him. I rolled my eyes as Gil came into the room.