Death...

To some the most tragic event of all...

To me it's the most beautiful thing ever....

It's the sweet escape from the evils of life, a sanctuary of eternal peace.

Here I lie in between the lines of the living and the dead for I have tasted the sweet grasp of death only to be pulled back into the wretched world of the living.

Living, I do not live. I merely exist within a realm of infinite torture and mockery. I'm nothing more than a mere puppet being controlled by all except myself.

Oh how I long for the sweet kiss of death, yet all pull me farther away.

Those who claim to be my guardians only wish to use my worthless corpse as their own,but my soul must still be hosted within so for their own greed I must live.

The worst...oh the worst are those who pretend to care. Those who pretend to be my friends. They stand there and lie to my face, saying I matter, saying that I deserve to live that it's wrong to take my life.

Who are they to judge?

Who are they to decide my fate?

Who are they to strip away my only path to happiness?

They know nothing of what I've been through. They know not of the horrors I've seen or the memories and visions that haunt me. They do not understand the delusions I've faced my entire life. They don't feel the frozen stone of sadness that lives within my chest.

They just don't understand!

With this I say what may be my final goodbye as I try once more to reach the sanctuary that I have longed deserved...

~Mordecai Phoenix