You stole my line...

The bell rang, indicating someone had entered the Weathervane. Tyler smiled, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hey, Y/N," Tyler said without turning around. "I was thinking we could play some more UNO and I could teach you how to do more foam art." Tyler finally turned around and frowned. 

There stood his father with his arms crossed and a frown on his face.

"Oh, dad...I uhh..."

"Y/N? As in that Nevermore kid that I told you not to hang around with?" Sheriff Galpin raised a brow.

"Dad....it's not what you think," Tyler shook his head.

"Well, what am I supposed to think then? How come you have to disobey me when I gave you a direct order not to do something," Sheriff Galpin stalked closer and pointed at his son accusingly.

"Dad, I'm not one of your police officers you can just boss around," Tyler glared. Sheriff Galpin huffed.

"Tyler, can't you see I'm looking out for you?" Tyler scoffed.

"Oh, so now you want to be my father? All this time you ignored me, and you know who was the only one who listened to me?" Tyler walked up to his father and stared him down.

"Y/N," Tyler turned away and crossed his arms. Sheriff Galpin frowned then sighed.

"Look, son. I'm sorry-"

"I don't need your apology, an apology won't make up for all the times you said no to game night, talking about mom, or even just being there for dinner!" Tyler shouted.

"Just leave!" Tyler turned back towards his father and pointed to the exit of the Weathervane with a glare. Sheriff Galpin sighed, then straightened his hat and left the Weathervane. Tyler turned back around and let out a steady breath.

A few seconds later the bell came again, indicating someone walking into the Weathervane.

"Dad, I really meant it when I said leave!" Tyler shouted then turned around and his face turned to surprise.

"I hope we can still play UNO?" You said questionably with a sheepish smile. Tyler breathed a laugh then pulled you into a hug and squeezed you tight.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you're here," He buried his face into your neck. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." You blushed and stroked his hair.

"Miss me? I just saw you last night." You chuckled. Tyler pulled away and smiled.

"Y/N, you have no idea how much you mean to me," Tyler held your face and stroked your cheek. You smiled, then frowned a little. Tyler noticed and frowned.

"What's wrong?" You sighed.

".....It's nothing."

"You can tell me..." You pursed her lips.

".......I don't want to ruin your relationship with your dad." Tyler's eyes widened.

"So, you heard all that?" You nodded your head.

"I don't want to get in the way of you and your father..."

"Y/N, he never acted like a father to me anyways. You were doing me a huge favor." You looked down.

"But-" Tyler placed a finger on your lips. Tyler took a steady breath.

"Y/N, I've been meaning to tell you something....." He lifted your chin up so you could look up at him.

"......What?" Tyler glanced at your lips.

"....whenever I'm with you, I feel like you truly understand me...that I can be myself around you...what I'm trying to say is-"