Heavy mortal hopes ~part one~

Sam gasped for air as her eyes finally went back to being normal again.

"Oh my god. You're finally back,"Sky breathed out relieved.

"You freaked us hella out here. What the hell was that,"Riven asked.

"I don't know, I think it was some kind of vision,"Sam said hesitantly.

"What did you see,"Sky asked her calmly.

"I'm not entirely sure. But I saw a woman and she said something to me,"Sam said.

"What did she say,"Riven asked.

"She said 'You need to know the truth. You need to find me',"Sam replied.

Sam was now at training, sparring on a platform with Laura

But she was rather tired and unfocused, what you could see by her fighting.

"Sam watch your footwork,"Silva said and walked on a walking staff over to Sky and Riven.

But before Sam could do anything, Laura kicked in her stomach, making her fall into the water under the platform.

Sam gasped for air as she reached the surface of the water again.

Some of the students laughed at her and Laura just grinned at her, before leaving the platform.

Sam climbed angrily and feeling embarrassed out of the water and grabbed her bag.

Sam pulled out a towel out of her bag and put it around her. Then she walked over to Sky, Riven and Stella sitting on a bench.

"Dr. Stella, coming up with a zero-effort diagnosis,"Sam heard Riven as she approached them.

"You okay there, Sammy,"Riven asked Sam as she sat between Stella and him.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just soaked wet and cold,"Sam grumbled.

"Sky. Sam, will I see you at the party tonight,"Stella asked them.

"I don't know,"Sam answered and watched her dad, while Sky didn't answer, because he kept his focus on Silva.

"Sky,"Stella repeated his name.

"Hmmh,"Sky hummed.

"He's fine,"Stella huffed. "Professor still has him on Zanbaq, right?"

"It's only temporary and only manages the symptoms,"Sky replied.

"He won't get better until they kill the Burned One that attacked him,"Sam added.

"And there are people out there looking for it. It's not going to get away from every fairy and Specialist in the Otherworld,"Stella said.

Sam and Riven only gave her a 'really' look.

"I have classes,"Stella said and put her phone away. "Stop worrying,"Stella said and kissed Skys cheek and left the three.

"She must be mind blowing right ? Or does she do weird shit with her tongue,"Riven said, causing Sky to look at him confused and Sam disgusted at him.

"What are you talking about,"Sky asked.

"I'm just trying to figure out why the fuck you started things up with her again,"Riven said. "I mean she's crazy hot, yeah, but the emphasis are clearly on crazy."

"I bet it's butt stuff. She lets you do butt stuff,"Riven grinned at Sky.

"Shut up, Riven,"Sky huffed and shoved Riven off the bench.

Sam helped Riven back up.

"Look, I would blame her for your shit sparring last week, but... I know you and Silva are close,"Riven said in comforting. "So if you ever wanna, like-"

"Uh, I've gotta run okay,"Sky said, standing and gave Sam a light squeeze on her shoulder and walked away.

Sam sighed and leaned a bit closer to Riven, who put an arm around her.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. See you later Riven,"Sam said and stood up to grab her bag.

"See you later,"Riven replied and Sam walked back to her suite.