Heavey mortal hopes ~part two~

After Sam took a shower and changed into fresh clothes, she walked to the cafeteria for lunch

Sam stood in line with Terra and Dane to get some food.

"Are they sharing an apple,"Terra said as Riven walked with Beatrix out of the cafeteria. "That's weird."

"Riven didn't told me that he had a girlfriend,"Sam mumbled.

"What,"Terra asked Sam.

"Nothing,"Sam said a bit too quickly.

"Riven has questionable taste,"Terra said.

"Yeah. Did you hear about the party tonight,"Dane asked Terra and Sam.

"Yes. It's the annual Senior specialists party,"Sam said.

"Are you going,"Dane asked the girls, well he asked more Terra.

"I don't know. Maybe,"Terra said a bit nervously.

"Well. Then see you tonight,"Dane smiled. He grabbed his food and walked to a table.

Terra turned to Sam to see her grinning knowingly at her.

"Oh shut up,"Terra said, but not seriously.

"I didn't even say anything,"Sam replied, still grinning.

Terra shook her head and sat down at a table where Bloom and Musa were already sitting.

"I have a question,"Terra stated. "Since when is it cool to be a nerd? I mean, don't get me wrong. It's great.
Amazing. Power to the nerds. But now it's cool to talk about fairy history,"Terra rambled.

"What,"Terra asked confused.

"Well, like, you know, I... I like school. I like getting good grades and reading alone with a cup of chamomile, but no one shares a frickin' apple with me, even though... gross,"Terra said.

"We're gonna need so much more context,"Musa laughed.

"Beatrix,"Sam simply answered.

After lunch Sky and Sam visited Silva in the green house after Professor Harvey treated his wounds with Zanbaq.

"How are you doing, Dad,"Sams asked him worried.

"I'm doing okay, sweetheart,"Silva said, smiling painfully.

"Is professor harvey gonna up your zanbag dose,"Sky asked also worried, but Silva didn't answer. "He said it'd keep the wounds at bay until-"

"Until it can't anymore,"Silva interrupted.

Sams heart broke a little at the thought. Silva stood up, groaning in pain.

"I can run the first-year spars. And you can take it easy until the battalion gets to the burned one,"Sky said.

"What's the status,"Sam asked.

"Uh... they've tracked it 40 kilometres north of here. they'll engage it soon,"Silva said with a sigh.

"But is it gonna be enough,"Sky asked.

"I have every confidence they will complete the mission. They will kill it,"Silva said. "The only question is when."

"What do you mean,"Sam asked with panic in her voice.

"The uh... infection is spreading quickly now. when it reaches my heart,"Silva sighed.

"How long do you have,"Sky asked alarmed.

"I don't know,"Silva answered. "I don't know. Not long."

Tears were forming in Sams eyes at her dads words.

"So what do we do,"Sky asked.

"Well, I've... spoken to my seconds about the plans for both of your training, and dowling is aware of my wishes for your futures,"Silva replied.

"He asked you a question, dad,"Sam said, her voice sounding broken.

"And I'm answering it, Sam,"Silva said.
"Soldiers have to have these conversations with the people that matter,"Silva paused for a moment. "We make a plan. That's what we do."

"That can't be it. Me and Sky only have you,"Sam said shakily and a tear fall down her face, which Silva washed away softly with his thumb.

"I will keep you both updated on the battalion's progress,"Silva said and looked between Sam and Sky.

"Do you understand,"Silva asked Sky and Sam and they both nodded.