LIX

INT. LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

4:42 p.m.

KLEIN
Attorney . . . 'wag ka na malungkot d'yan. Labas na lang tayo, libre kita ng cake.

ANDY
I don't wanna go out, e. I don't think I deserve a treat.

KLEIN
Hindi. Deserve mo 'yon. Pinaghirapan mo 'yong score mo kanina. Saka pasado ka rin kaya.

ANDY
But, it's not enough. Tama naman si Mommy na I'm falling short and na I can do better than that.

KLEIN
Attorney, 'wag ka gan'yan.

Andy sniffed. The tears she was trying to hold back were now budging at the edge of her eyes.

ANDY
What if I fail the bar? I don't want to fail the bar.

KLEIN
Hindi 'yan.

ANDY
Give me ten minutes lang muna. Mag-aaral na ulit ako mamaya.

KLEIN
Hindi. Bawal. Bukas na ulit. Magpahinga ka naman.

ANDY
No. You don't get to tell me when I should study or when I get to do things.

KLEIN
Pero hindi mo rin p'wede sabihan sarili mo nang gan'yan. Saka bakit parang pinarurusahan mo naman sarili mo? Pasado ka pa rin—

ANDY
You don't get it kasi! Totoo naman 'yong sinabi ni Mommy, ang subpar ng scores ko. I don't usually get those marks. Kahit ako rin naman naninibago, and ang frustrating na I'm doing my best para sa scores na nasa gitna lang.

KLEIN
Okay, attorney. Okay.

A few moments of silence lingered in between them when Andy sighed.

ANDY
Sorry . . . I didn't mean to say it that way.

Klein tapped his lap.

KLEIN
Upo ka dito.

ANDY
No.

KLEIN
Okay.

Klein did the favor of carrying her to his lap. He knew she was shy after raising her voice at him a few seconds back out of her frustration.

It was apparent especially when Andy couldn't afford to look at him.

KLEIN
Attorney . . .

But she didn't respond. So Klein reached for her cheek instead to give her a soft kiss on the lips.

KLEIN
One.

And then to her cheek.

KLEIN
Two.

To her nose.

KLEIN
Three.

A smile suddenly drew to her lips when Klein stopped for a while to check on her face before giving her a kiss on the lips again.

KLEIN
Four.

He was about to detach and plant a kiss on her chin when Andy decided she wants his lips to stay where it is.

KLEIN
Five?

Andy shook her head.

ANDY
No. Still four. Stop counting.