chapter 14. how did we end up here?

*Mikey's POV*

"MICHAAAAEEEEELLLL" I hear behind be as I climb up the front steps of my high school.

I turn around to be faced with a pink-clad Peyton and an extremely hipster looking Regan. Before I realize whats going on Regan is running towards me and leaping into my arms.

I stumble back a few steps because of how unexpected her hug was but I embrace it.

I take in the feel of her sweater, the black choker around the delicate skin of her neck, how her skin smells of vanilla, and her hair of green apples, the way the fabric of the soft, leggings she wears that hug her curves in all the right ways...

Jesus Christ I missed this way too much.

"Mikey! Were you sick? Is my baby okay? Do you need me to get you anything? Where did you go? Do you want the homework? Michael, are you alright, do you..." I stopped her mid-sentence by pushing my finger against her lips.

"Regan, I love you but please, shut the fuck up. I'm fine, I swear." I said with my finger still against her lips.

She nodded, understanding what I said, and probably realizing what had actually happened last night.

Damn.

I wish my lips could be against hers, instead of my finger.

"Oookay then... do you want to come over to help me study for the biochemistry test tomorrow? I'll order pizza and we can watch a movie after if you want." she asked.

"Did Reagan James just ask me to 'Netflix & Chill' as the kids call it now a days?" I asked smirking at her.

"Jesus Christ, Michael! No. No. No. Maybe CD & Study but nothing more than that."

"That will have to do... for now" I say cracking devilish grin, leaving her speechless as I walk towards my first period class.

*Regan's POV*

I physically can not speak.  

Everyone is staring at me for having my mouth open, jaw dropped to the floor.

But Michael Clifford just dumbfounded me.

"Regan! Get your shit together or were going to be late!" Peyton exclaimed as she dragged me through the hallway.

I can't focus on todays lesson.

I can't answer any of these questions.

My mind is racing with thoughts of this cheeky red-haired boy, and how I want to make him mine.