chapter 3. The heartbroken heart-breaker.

By the time I get home it's already 11 o'clock at night. I see my mom and some guy making out on the counter of the kitchen when I walk in, I pay no attention to them, and they're too busy shoving their tongues down each other's throats to even notice my existence, if I hear or see anything other than this, I'm going to kill one or both of them.

I scrub the makeup from my face and take a quick shower. I towel dry my hair and pull on a comfortable tank top and a pair of sweatpants, lay in bed with my headphones in listening to my favorite playlist, mostly consisting of bands such as Asking Alexandria, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Panic! at the Disco, and other bands such as that. After I feel my eyelids growing heavy i pause the music and go to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of my ringtone, of course I don't answer it because who answers the phone at 6 o'clock in the morning? I would wake up in 15 minutes anyways but, nobody should be woken up early on a day where they must serve they're daily hours in a prison that some people call school. I check my phone and the screen illuminates with 87 texts and 20 phone calls, all from, none other than, Peyton.

"Regannnnnnn!" Peyton says in a either overly happy or sad voice, it's too early to tell.

"What is it Peyton? You texted me 87 times and called me 20 times before my alarm even freaking went off! What do you need?" I say impatiently.

"Ch-Cha-Chad br-broke u-u-up with m-m-me" she says quietly, now through tears.

"Awww sweetie! I'm sorry! I'll meet you at your locker with the usual break-up procedure items, don't worry." I say trying to sooth her.
"Thanks Rey, your the best!" she says, I can tell she's trying to smile through her tears.

A heartbroken heart-breaker.

I brush my hair and teeth, then slide on a black tank top, covering it with a grey floral Nirvana sweatshirt, ripped up black jeans, and my all black Vans. I apply my usual thick black eyeliner, concealer, and mascara, and take the time to put curls into my hair. I feel like being girly, so I put my hair in the half-up-half-down style and secure the top section with a studded bow. I pack up my books, notes, and paper and put it into my binder and slip my backpack on.

I run downstairs and see my mom reading a news paper, sipping on black coffee, ignoring her, I grab my longboard and some cash and skate over to the gas station before school so I'm not late.

Once I arrive at the local 7-11 gas station down the street from my school, I set my longboard and backpack near the check-out counter.

"Aye Kali! There's my girl! Haven't seen you drop by here in ages sweetheart!" says Stan.

"Oh, hey Stan! I know, I haven't seen you in forever! I'll try to drop by more often but today I'm in a bit of a hurry." I say a crossed the store to Stan.

Stan and my dad used to work together before my dad died, they did construction together, now my dad's dead, and Stan is a heroin addict and drinks like a fish and works in our towns gas station.

Stan calls me Kali, I know it's weird because my name is Regan. In no way is Regan and Kali close to each other, but it has meaning. Since we live in California, and it's almost always sunny, we would call me his California Sunshine. But since Stan's wife died, and her name was Kay, and when she died he said the sunshine in his life died out. So, he calls me Kali.

He observes my items as he scans them, "Lemme guess, Peyton got dumped again?" He says with his thick New York accent.

"Stan, you still got it! You always know just what's going on! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing... but who cares." I say.

He chuckles and I can smell cigarettes and whiskey on his breath "Oh Kali, you always make me laugh, let me give my girl a discount" he swipes his employee card and my total decreases, "That'll be $10.67 Kali" he says.

"Ah, this girl is lucky I love her because she's running my bank account out!", he laughs again, I give him $11.

"Keep the change and go buy yourself pretty doll face" I say and wink.
"Will do Kali! Drop by and see me again soon!" He says and waves while I walk out the door and skate away.

Peyton is pacing in her hot-pink heels when I arrive at her locker.

"You got the stuff?" she questions frantically.

"Yes my Illegally Blonde I have all the stuff we need for operation heartbreaker" I say

"Check list! Eggs?"
"Check!"
"Mentos?"
"Check!"
"Sprite?"
"Check!"
"Cotton candy?"
"Duh! Check!"
"Spray cheese?"
"Double check!" I say blowing on each can's top like a smoking gun.

"Ahhh Rey, you never fail me!"
"Like I have a choice..." I say blowing her a sarcastic air kiss.

Operation heartbreaker: Ready for action

Peyton opens Chad's locker up, I put the Mentos into the Sprite bottle, close it, and shake it up, while Peyton writes a sweet message inside his locker with the spray cheese. When she's done, we egg the inside as well as the outside of his locker.

"Hahaha, that's what that duchebag deserved for breaking my best friends heart!" I say laughing.

"Thanks Rey, I feel much better now!" Peyton says laughing as well.

We run down the hallway to our lockers so nothing looks too suspicious when people start to flood the hallways.

I look to my left, and there he is.

That's the boy.

The boy of my dreams, yet I don't even know his name...