Chapter 3: Can I come in?

(A/N: I made whatever this is! A wallpaper? Poster? Idk but kinda looks nice right? 😅)

—————-xx————-xx—————

Calliope's POV:

I stalked through the streets of the city, my senses on high alert as always. But my mind is preoccupied with thoughts of the human I met earlier. She had been beautiful, with long black hair and a smile that could light up the darkest of nights. I couldn't stop thinking about her, the way she smelled, the feel of her skin. It was a dangerous game to play, but I couldn't help it. Something about her had caught my eye.

But I had responsibilities, I had my coven to think about. I couldn't and wouldn't drag a human into our world of darkness and shadows. No matter how drawn to her I was, it would be a dangerous game. My kind, we were not good for humans. They were mere mortals and of no use to us.

As I made my way towards my coven's house, I suddenly heard a rustling from behind me and my eyes caught a movement near the alleyway. I knew what that meant. I whipped around to see a group of rogue vampires, their eyes glowing with anger. The same ones I encountered the night before.

I tried to avoid them, but they were too quick, too ruthless. They sprang at me, their fangs bared, and I knew I was in trouble.

The fight was quick but brutal. I managed to take down some of them, but not before they had inflicted serious damage to my body. I was weakened further, and I knew I had to find shelter before I collapsed.

And then I remembered the human. Her house is still nearby, and I had a feeling deep in my gut that she would help me once again.

She had helped me when I was in my bat form, injured and weak. I could not have continued survived the night without her assistance. The way she looked at me, so full of concern, it had stirred something in me. Something I had not felt for a long time. An attraction, a strange pull towards her.

...

I stumbled up to Eliza's front door, my hand frantically pounding against the wood. Pain throbbed through my body with every heartbeat, but I had to hold on. I had to hold out until she opened the door.

Pain shot through my body with every step, my breaths coming in short gasps. But I had to keep going, had to keep moving forward. I needed Eliza to help me.

I felt a rush of relief when I heard her footsteps hurrying towards me. The door swung open and there she was, her long black hair cascading down her shoulders, her eyes flashing with concern.

"Calliope!" she gasped.

"Can I come in?" I weakly gasped out, my knees giving out underneath me,

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I shook my head, the pain making it hard to speak. "Rogue vampires," I gasped out. "Help me, please."

Eliza's eyes narrowed, her breath hissing between her teeth. "Those bloody cowards," she muttered. "Come inside, quickly."