Heartfelt Apologies

Valerie's P.O.V.

"Val, I'm really sorry in behalf of Jace. He never told me about this." I felt terrible that Matt had to "comfort" me.

What I saw and heard really hurt. I mean, would Jace really stoop that low? I honestly didn't know what to feel. We were just having a good time in the beach and then something bad had to happen. But, do I have the right to feel this way? I mean I don't own Jace.

"Would Jace even really do that? Is what Amanda said true?" I sigh to Matt.

"I really don't know, Val. I'm as surprised as you are. Look, why don't you talk things through? Maybe they're already downstairs." I nod, too speechless to even talk.

We stand from where we were sitting in one of the bedrooms and Matt opens the door for me, as we head outside the door, I hear voices downstairs. Oh shit. They're really here. I immediately head downstairs with Matt. I didn't want them to fight, I know that Cate and El would be harsh on him.

I see Jace's hand on the door in order for it to just stay open so that Cate and El wouldn't close it. Why wouldn't they let him in? I could feel the tension in the air.

"Cate, El, why won't you let him in?"

"This asshole deserves it." El says as Cate agrees. They were both too reluctant to let him in. Of course.

"Look, let him in. We'll all talk about it." I say to them, maintaining no eye-contact. We all head to the couch. There was a moment of silence til Jace finally spoke.

"Look, Amanda's a one time fling. I was so intoxicated that I didn't even know what I was doing." He says to all of us, but facing me. Jace, you need to stop doing that. I ignore him. After a few seconds, he faces Matt. "Man, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you. I was going to tell you during that one time we were playing Fifa, but then you were too concentrated so I didn't think it was a big deal." I saw Matt nod at Jace, probably a sign that they were cool.

Matt stands up, signing Cate and El to do so too. What? I look at Cate and El with wide eyes signaling them to not leave me, but they were too irritated at Jace to even look. Crap. I was left with Jace....again. This literally happened hours ago.

"Val......you know I'm not that kind of guy." He says, not leaving my eyes.

"I know, but really Jace? Her? I'm sorry if I'm acting a bit possessive, I know that we aren't....yeah."

"Val, no no no." He says as he holds my hands, looking straight into my eyes. "Look, I like you Val. I really really really like you, if that wasn't obvious yet. You aren't like other girls, that's why I'd like to get to know you." He says sincerely. I felt chills, no one's ever said that to me. Should I give him a chance? I believe him, but I'm really terrified of getting hurt, but it's worth a shot.

"I really like you too, Jace. I think this is worth a shot and I'd absolutely love to get to know you." I smile looking down, but as I face up, Jace smirks at me.

"Why are you smirking?"

"Soooo....you were jealous huh?" His smirk gets bigger. Oh fuck, I will not make this guy's ego get bigger.

"Who said I was?" Jace shakes his head and chuckles.

"Actions speak louder than words, babe." He says as he winks.

"Did I say you can call me babe?"

"No, but I can still call you babe." He winks again.

"Your ego is bigger than Asia, Jace." I shake my head as I laugh a little. He chuckles at my words, ignoring what I said.

I need to tell Cate and El what happened. They're probably dying to know.

"Okay, we're okay now, so I'm going up to Cate and El." He nods. "Oh and, don't mind Cate and El. You can still stay here." I smile then head upstairs. I wasn't even half way through the stairs but I was tired. Damn. I've been going up and down so much.

I see Cate's room first, so I check if they were there. Please be here, I'm tired as hell. As I open the door, I see both of them sitting on the bed, watching television. Thank God. I join them on the bed, as Cate tones down the volume of the TV.

"So, how was it?" El asks.

I told them that Jace finally admitted that he liked me, earning a squeal from El and Cate, and I told them he said he'd like to get to know me. I also told them I was a bit hesitant at first, but I'd like to give it a shot.

"Just be careful, Val. He might hurt you. Just remember we're here to kick his ass if he hurts our best friend." I smile, I love these two to death. "Yeah, I have lots of karate moves!" El says as she demonstrates her moves, but ends up falling on her butt. The three of us laugh hard, typical El.

"Okay guys, I'm going to take a nap, it's been a long day." I say to them yawning, as they nod.

While I was headed to my room, I hear deep voices talking in Matt's room. I lean in closer to the door to hear.

"Jace, just remember not to hurt her. I can see that you really like her, so I'm letting go." I hear Matt say. Wait, Matt likes me?

"I really appreciate it, man. I promise I won't. If I do, I know you'll be the first to kick my ass." Jace says and that's the last thing I hear before going to my room. I didn't want to eavesdrop too much.

I was completely oblivious to the fact that Matt liked me. I felt terrible, since he was the one who comforted me when I was hurt a while ago. I sigh. I didn't want to think about this too much. It's been a long ass day. As I reach my room, I quickly get into comfortable clothes and head to my bed.

I really wonder what's going to happen tomorrow.

--------------------
A/N:

Hello! Another update, apologies if this was boring! School's literally so near it's so sad. But, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote/comment, have a great day!

- Scarlett