Chapter 16

-Time Skip, 3 months-

"I've been living with her for 3 and a half months and I've known her for 5. It was a bit awkward after the whole party situation, when we kissed and almost..well, you know what we almost did, but we quickly got over it. Her and Alexander haven't spoken since which has made me absolutely thrilled, and so proud of her, because I know how hard it must be. But on the bright side I'll be 18 in 3 months or so, and maybe, just maybe she'll give me a chance when I am. Time really flies when you're secretly in love with your roommate/best friend/ex volleyball coach, huh?"

Chapter 16. Saturday, March 8th, 2008 (10:47 am)

Troys eyes shot open and he sprung upwards into a sitting position, gasping for air. He stared ahead at the wall, panting, but when he realized it was just a horrible dream he relaxed. "Fuck" He breathed out his curse and his body relaxed back, running a hand over his face when his back hit the bed. He couldn't even remember what it was about, just that it was absolutely petrifying. Troy stared up at the ceiling for a moment before he realized that this ceiling wasn't his and his stomach twisted, his eyes hesitantly moving around, he was in Lyrics bed. Troy drew in a quiet deep breath and he sat back up, his eyes wandering around her bedroom for a moment before he hesitantly looked over at her. She was fast asleep, breathing soft, her messy curls falling over her shoulder beautifully. Troy swallowed through a nervous lump in his throat and he just admired how peaceful she looked, taking in how absolutely gorgeous she was. She resituated a little which scared him at first but she settled back in and pulled the covers up over her more, mumbling tiredly and a strand of curls falling into her face. Troy stared at the hair that hung in her face for a moment before he slowly moved his hand up, hesitantly brushing away the piece of hair and tucking it behind her ear loosely. "Mmm.." Lyric moaned tiredly which made him immediately pull his hand back. She began to resituate again and he just froze, her eyes slowly opening and then widening at the sight of him, "Oh" Slipped out of her mouth in shock and he gave her an awkward smile, blinking once "Hi" Troy whispered and she stayed quiet for a moment, blinking a couple of times before she spoke up "Hi" She said softly and Troy cleared his throat, quickly getting out of her bed "I'm really sorry, I don't know why I'm in here, or how I got in here. I must've wandered in here in the middle of the night." Troy tried to explain himself and laughed nervously, Lyric chuckling gently as she sat up out of bed "I really don't mind, I just didn't expect to wake up to you, you know?" Lyric said gently and rubbed the back of her neck tiredly, her eyes on his. But his eyes didn't stay locked with hers for very long when his eyes wandered down her body as she sat up, swallowing thickly. "Um.." He hardly got out and motioned down to her chest with a simple motion of his hand, placing it on the back of his neck when he averted his eyes. Lyrics eyebrows drew together in curiosity and she looked down to realize she was just in her bra and a pair of shorts, pressing her lips together for a moment before she spoke "My apologies, I got really hot last night" She murmured and quickly leaned over the side of her bed to reach into her nightstand, pulling out a ripped up AC/DC shirt. "It's okay, its your room" Troy said under his breath with a chuckle following it, running his hand through his hair as he still kept his eyes to the side. Lyric slid the shirt on over her head and pulled her hair out from it, her eyes moving to Troy once she had her shirt on. Troy had his hands on his hips, his plaid pajama pants hanging low off of his hips, and he was shirtless. He stared at the plant on her dresser heaily, spacing, his hair still messy from sleeping and he was slightly sweaty, panting softly. His expression was sharp, heavy breaths repeatedly leaving his parted lips. Lyric tilted her head a little to the side, curiously, but took in one more glance of him and his exposed happy trail before she spoke. "Why are you breathing so hard?" Lyric questioned gently which snapped him out of it at the sound of her voice, his eyes moving back to her and clearing his throat before he replied. "I uhm..I had a bad dream, I don't remember what it was or anything about it i just know it had me pretty worked up when I woke up. Which the nightmares would maybe explain why I wandered into your room, which I'm sorry for again" Troy explained through his heavy breathing and Lyric hummed sadly, giving him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, Harvin. I hate when that happens..and again, I really dont mind you sleeping in my bed unless there's any funny business." Lyric reassured him with a playful smile which made him chuckle, taking a second to admire how beautiful her curls looked messy. "Me too, and I'll keep that in mind" Troy joked in a soft tone, Lyric giggling a little. They sat in silence for a moment in silence, just watching each other and speaking with their eyes, the corner of Lyrics mouth twitching up for a moment which made him break and smile. "Okay, well I guess i'll uhm.." He began and waved his hand around while he thought for the right statement, drawing in a deep breath and exhaling his words out. "Leave you be" He breathed and she nodded, grinning a little. "Yeah you do that" She teased and he flashed her a playful offended look, smiling wide before he turned to leave, "I'll see you in a bit" Troy said as he left and she hummed an "Mhm" as he shut the door behind him. Her face fell a little when he had left and she exhaled a soft groan, setting her head in her hands. Stop looking at him like that, you whore. She scolded herself in silence for a moment before she tossed the covers off of her and stood, grabbing her phone off the nightstand and heading into her ensuite bathroom to shower.