26. To make her feel safe

"Are you all ready?" - Elena asked, turning to Ashton in backseat who was excited, why wouldn't he be, his dream is about to come true. Elena drove them all to airport in Nice and she found the plane. "Mr. Leclerc said you'll be here?" - A man asked her as she nodded. Ashley and Ashton cached up with them. "Right this way, we will take your bags."

They boarded the plane as Elena observed around. It was very luxuries, maybe even more than she liked, but she knew she always wanted to travel in style. "Elena this is a private plane!" - Ashley whispered-yelled to her as Elena smiled at her. "I guess it is, enjoy."

...

Through whole flight Elena couldn't sleep, and she couldn't figure out why. Her head was filled with all kinds of thoughts. Mainly about Charles and their relationship. What will happen if people find out? Will they accept her and just leave their relationship to themselves? Her parents already didn't handle it the best so that brought worry to her.

Charles had good weekend in Hungary, he finished P2 with Max Verstappen in the lead of the grand prix. He was annoyed as she expected but Elena reminded him that the hope is not lost and that he is still in the game for the championship. She believed in him and he knew it, but he couldn't believe in himself. He had great weekends but he wanted perfect ones. Without mistakes. And when you drive for a team like Ferrari, mistakes are unavoidable all the time.

But he accepted it and realized he has to live with it. He loved the team even if it mean they will make mistakes sometimes and cost him good win on a track on Sunday. But all of us are people, we all make mistakes. Some people just make more of them...

"What is going on?" - Ashley's voice snapped her from her thoughts as Ashton peacefully slept, leaned on his mother. "I just have a lot on my mind, that's all." - She replied, smiling at her. "But I wanted to tell you something, and you can't tell anyone about it." - Elena warned her as Ashley's face showed obvious confusion.

"I have been keeping this from everyone for the sake of my privacy. And I don't want to scare you, I am not murderer or something." - Ashley suggested her to go on as Elena took a deep breath, realizing where this may go. Ashley was her partner and she trusted her but you can never know what someone might do behind your back.

"This friend I've been mentioning... about the tickets, the plane, Ashton's gift... is Charles Leclerc... and he isn't quite my friend. We have been together for about two months now. And we've been keeping it quiet until we settle in with everything." - She explained as Ashley's look showed that she was obviously shocked.

"You are dating Charles Leclerc himself? As in Formula 1 driver for Ferrari?" - Ashley wanted her to clarify, so Elena nodded at her words. "Sorry I am just a little stunned that you are dating him, but I am happy you trusted me enough to tell me despite keeping it a secret from everyone else." - Elena smiled at her comment realizing that her assumptions were true. Mother instinct in Ashley worked and she realized how stressed Elena must feel from hiding all the time.

"He will be with us on our way back, he reserved us this plane and he got us tickets. I wanted to go to this grand prix but realized Ashton would maybe want to come here as well and have little fun. And I figured you could have a break from work for a weekend."

"I am really glad you are thinking about us. I am happy to know you because you are a good person Elena. I've never met anyone with a heart like yours." - Elena smiled and thanked her. It is not a lie that Elena is trying her best to always be better for everyone else, and put them in front of herself in many situations.

She may be people pleaser but it makes her feel good when people notice the effort and compliment her personality.

...

Charles texted Elena, telling her how he will be waiting for them at the airport. Elena tried convincing him to stay at hotel and rest before racing weekend but he told her it was not a big deal to him. When they landed, Ashton was still peacefully sleeping and Ashly had to carry him out of the plane.

"Charles is around here somewhere, he offered to take us to a hotel." - Elena spoke quietly, not to wake up Ashley's son as she nodded at her, searching for Charles. Until they found him.

Elena dropped her bags once she was close to him and wrapped her arms around his body, bringing him closer to herself. She took in the scent of his cologne and admired how beautiful he looked even if his eyes showed that he was visibly tired. Elena looked up at him with a smile before they pressed their lips together.

"I missed you." - He whispered. "I missed you too." - She replied. There was no people on parking lot of the airport and they were thankful because of the peace they had. Ashley finally walked up to them as she shook hands with Charles and he helped her get Ashton in his car.

Poor kid, if he had woken up in Charles' arms, he would've probably thought he was dreaming, Elena thought as she watched Charles slowly place him in the backseat, as Ashely helped from the inside. Elena put their bags in the trunk of Charles' rented out car for the weekend.

They didn't make big talks not to wake up Ashton, but Elena knew that Charles couldn't wait to get to their hotel room. And she felt the same. It's been a whole week since they last fell asleep in each other's hands and it was getting exhausting.

That's one of the things she thought about on the flight as well. How it's only been a month and how sad she feels every time she has to fall asleep after saying goodnight to him, over the phone. They kept it up, neither of them complained about how hard it was, especially when Charles had double race weekend, race after another one.

But they wouldn't deny they missed each other every moment they were apart. It was strange how close they got to each other and how their bodies affected the other ones. It's like they need the presence of each other, to feel comfortable enough for a good night of a sleep.

"I missed this so much." - He whispered as his face was buried in Elena's chest. She slowly moved her hand through his hair as his arms were wrapped around her. They felt comfortable in hotel bed, they got in just minutes ago. "So did I." - She whispered back kissing the top of his head before she heard soft snores and deep breaths coming from him.

Elena figured he must've been so tired, especially when he offered to drive them here, not to leave them alone in different country to rely on someone else. The truth was he didn't trust anyone else with Elena. She made sure to tell him how safe she felt whenever she was around him and he took that as his duty. To make her feel safe.

He knew what she went through as a child and teenager. His family is already giving her a treatment like she is one of their own, and he was more than happy to give her anything that hasn't been given to her before. Starting from emotions. And then physical pleasure.