Chapter 17: Wings of Rescue

Amber's heart raced as Nate's grip tightened around her, his intentions becoming increasingly sinister. Her mind raced with fear, but she refused to succumb to his control. In her desperation, she reached out mentally, trying to send a message to anyone who might be able to help. She thought of Lucian, of her friends, of anyone who could hear her silent plea for aid.

As Nate's hand covered her mouth, muffling her cries, Amber's heart sank. She felt trapped, her wings useless, her powers suppressed. She was powerless to stop Nate's advances, her struggle growing more desperate by the second.

But just as Amber's hope was waning, a sudden burst of energy filled the room. The air crackled with electricity, and her heart leaped with newfound anticipation. And then, in a whirlwind of black feathers and seething rage, Lucian stormed into the room.

Amber's eyes widened in both shock and relief as she watched Lucian's wings spread wide, his aura radiating with raw anger. His normally piercing blue eyes were ablaze with crimson fury, and a surge of power emanated from him, filling the room with an almost palpable force.

Nate's surprise was evident as he stumbled back, attempting to defend himself against Lucian's onslaught. But Lucian was relentless, his movements calculated and precise. He evaded Nate's attempts at retaliation with a fluid grace that showcased his combat prowess.

"Get away from her!" Lucian's voice was like thunder, each word resonating with a ferocity that sent shivers down Amber's spine. His fists flew, each blow striking Nate with an intensity that left no doubt about Lucian's intentions.

Amber watched, her heart pounding, as the battle raged before her. She had never seen Lucian in such a state of fury, his wings and eyes aflame with an almost otherworldly power. It was as if he had tapped into something primal, something dangerous.

And then, with a final, bone-crushing blow, Nate's body crumpled to the ground. Lucian stood over him, his chest heaving, his eyes still aglow with anger. The room was filled with tense silence, broken only by the sound of heavy breathing.

Amber's voice trembled as she spoke, her gratitude and relief overwhelming. "Lucian..."

He turned to her, his expression softening as he looked at her. The red in his eyes faded, leaving behind the familiar blue that Amber had come to know. He crossed the distance between them in a few quick strides, his arms wrapping around her gently.

Lucian's heart ached as he knelt beside Amber, his worry for her overwhelming. He gently brushed the tears from her cheeks and met her gaze with a mix of concern and determination. "I'm here, Amber," he assured her, his voice soft yet resolute. "I won't let anything else happen to you."

Amber managed a weak smile, her trust in Lucian evident in her gaze. She reached up to touch the necklace that imprisoned her, wincing as she did so. "You... you have to take it off," she whispered, her voice trembling. "It's hurting me."

Without hesitation, Lucian's fingers closed around the delicate chain, his touch careful as he unfastened the clasp. As the necklace fell away, Amber felt a rush of relief, her powers slowly returning to her. She sat up, her breathing shaky, but her determination unwavering.

"Thank you, Lucian," she murmured, her gratitude clear in her eyes. "You saved me."

Lucian's gaze softened as he helped her to her feet, his hand lingering on her arm. "I'll always protect you, Amber," he replied, his voice sincere. "You're not alone in this."

Lucian's powerful wings spread wide, enveloping Amber protectively as he carried her out of Nate's dorm. The onlookers in the hallway were stunned, their whispers and murmurs filling the air as they witnessed the unexpected scene. The sight of Lucian, normally aloof and sarcastic, holding Amber with such care and determination was a sight that none of them could have predicted.