Chapter 5

3rd Person P.O.V

As soon as the boat made it back to shore, the two families got Lyra off the boat. Paul had to carry Lyra to the cart as the brunette was not used to walking at all, and had ended up falling when she had tried to take a few steps. But he eventually got her settled. Both families then also got in, before Paul flicked the reins and the horses began to pull the cart towards the palace. Lyra looked at the passing scenery in awe, as she'd never seen anything like it. While there was some beautiful scenery under the sea, it was nothing like what she was currently seeing. It didn't take long before the cart pulled up outside the front of the palace, and a group of servants came out to greet them. Bill got down from the cart.

"We found this young lady in the middle of the ocean. She got pulled up in our nets. We don't know what happened to her, but she hasn't said a thing since we found her and she also had barely anything on. She needs a bath, some clothes and some food. I suspect she swam a long distance as well before we found her. The poor girl fell straight to the ground when she tried to walk off the boat." Bill explained. The lead servant, Juliet, gave a nod.

"Alright. We'll take her from here, and explain the situation to the king and queen." Juliet said. Lyra managed to walk over with help from Alyssa and Delilah. Lyra was confused at the new group of people, but she figured she could trust them, especially if they worked for the royal family. Juliet took Lyra inside and directed the other servants to draw a bath and find some clothes for Lyra, who was both intrigued and confused by all the new things she was seeing, especially the bath. But she didn't protest as Juliet bathed her, not that she could have even if she wanted to. Once she was out of the bath, Juliet helped Lyra to dry off before helping her get dressed into a dress one of the other servants had brought. Another servant redid Lyra's hair, but in a slightly different braided style to what she'd had before.

Once she was dressed, Lyra quickly found she had a disliking for shoes, but realised it probably wasn't a good idea to walk around with bare feet when she was meeting royalty

Once she was dressed, Lyra quickly found she had a disliking for shoes, but realised it probably wasn't a good idea to walk around with bare feet when she was meeting royalty. Soon enough, she found herself following Juliet to the throne room, having finally gotten the hang of walking, and it was now that she felt her nerves rising. She knew these next few minutes could either go really well, or it would end very badly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the throne room, Chandler was waiting along with her parents and her four friends. JD was talking quietly with Veronica, when he heard a knock on the door of the throne room. Joseph Chandler, king of Ruby Haven, called for the person to enter, and JD saw Juliet enter the room, but his eyes momentarily widened when he saw Lyra walk in behind Juliet. Of all the things, this was definitely not what he had been expecting. Unfortunately for him, Veronica had noticed his reaction.

"JD, do you know that girl?" Veronica asked quietly.

"I do, but I'll explain later. It's a long story." JD answered just as quietly.