one

yoongi hasn't aged in 5 years since his 18th birthday. he hasn't found his soulmate, but he never really complained about not finding them anyways.

he didn't really care about all that soulmate bullshit - and he wanted to live a little longer anyways. or maybe live forever.

yoongi was sitting in his studio composing songs as usual, but now he had a writers block. he was staring pointlessly at the high ceiling above him, humming random melodies waiting for the perfect lyrics to come to his head.

he was a rapper and producer, but he was in despair because he needed a fucking singer. he couldn't think of anyone who'd like to be his singer. hoseok had already snatched the deep voiced taehyung, and namjoon already had jungkook and seokjin (the lucky bastard).

the door to his studio opened abruptly, and suddenly the room lit brightly thanks to hoseok.

"God, get out." yoongi mumbled. "it's too fucking bright in here now."

"wow, rude." hoseok grumbled back at yoongi. shuffling around the room and darting his eyes between the trash on the ground and yoongi.

"anyway here." hoseok said, throwing papers at the elder.

"wow, rude." yoongi imitated hoseok, hoseok simply snickered and sat down near yoongi. yoongi raised an eyebrow and took a look at the papers, to which they were profiles.

"what the fuck is this?" yoongi said.

"you said you wanted singers right? here. singers." hoseok replied, crossing his arms.

yoongi looked at hoseok wide eyed, slightly in awe. he wouldn't usually try or even help yoongi with something.

"thanks." yoongi mumbled, flipping through the profiles.

hoseok smirked, walking towards the door and left, leaving yoongi alone.

yoongi decided to call up all the singers hoseok had suggested to him and invited each one to his studio.

the first one, he was, how can you say it...unique. but he was definitely someone yoongi didn't want, ever. though his voice was quite nice, but he couldn't hit high notes and his voice would crack quite often.

yoongi thought the second one would be at least more decent. no, not at all actually. yoongi couldn't even describe his voice, and he said to the poor boy: "yeah, it was good. I guess." yoongi regretted it, but his voice was horrible. what kind of people were hoseok scouting?!

the third was a close friend of hoseok, a fellow student at his dance academy. hoseok had said the boy sang a little bit, and he liked his voice. today was when that boy was coming in, his name was park jimin, he is supposed to be 21 but it seems like he hasn't aged yet, or found his soul mate.

there was a knock on yoongi's studio door. yoongi got off his phone to open the door.

"hello?" a voice said.

yoongi quirked the knob open and let the nervous boy in. yoongi could admit it, he was pretty cute. short, chubby cheeks, and a high voice.

"come in, come in." yoongi said.

jimin sat down in a small chair facing yoongi.

"sorry for calling you here." yoongi started, flipping papers around as jimin watched him, back straight and hands on knees.

"n-no, it's okay!" jimin stuttered.

yoongi laughed a little bit, and jimin visibly relaxed as he saw the elder smile.

"would you like to start now?" yoongi asked jimin, and the younger jumped to the sound of yoongi's voice.

jimin mouthed a small, okay, before scuttling into the recording room.

"sing whatever you like, okay?" yoongi said through the mic. jimin hesitantly nodded and proceeded. his voice cracked quite early, he bowed and said sorry multiple times.

yoongi tried making the most soothing voice he could, so he mumbled a little: "it's okay, just pretend I'm not here." before jimin was smiling as brightly as hoseok and took a deep breath to start singing.

the boy had quite a high voice, it was somewhat raspy as well. his breathing was controlled and he seemed to be able to choose the perfect pitches.

"jimin, do you mind trying to hit some high notes?" yoongi said.

"o-okay!" jimin replied.

he inhaled again and started singing a different song. once he reached the chorus, he reached a high note. jimin's high note was really high. probably as high as a girls; jungkook wouldn't even be able to hit that high note.

"okay." yoongi said, taking off his headphones, and jimin shuffling out of the room.

"was I bad?" he quietly whimpered.

"no, you're good. needs improvement, but it's good. I'll call you tomorrow, maybe?" yoongi smiled at the younger boy.

jimin's face lit up delightfully and he bowed happily before waving and leaving quickly; jumping up and down joyfully.

yoongi waved, smiling as the younger boy left.

yoongi shuffled around the room uncomfortably, then flopped down onto his chair and took out his phone.

jimin's contact number was still his original phone number. yoongi's fingers fumbled around decided what he should name him, until he finalized on setting him as 'jiminie.'

just as he was about to put his phone away, it buzzed receiving a new text from hoseok. he sighed and rolled his eyes again to check.

from: hoseok

so?????? how'd it go?????????

to: hoseok

good. hes my soldier now

from: hoseok

i knew it. he's been jumping up and down since he came back from ur man cave.

to: hoseok

ok

from: hoseok

ok gotta make jimin lunch. see ya

yoongi snorted as he read hoseok a texts. he finally put his phone away and decided to leave his 'man cave', as hoseok said.

"the damn bastard. this isn't a man cave..." yoongi mumbled to himself.

he put on a leather jacket and chucked on his bag before he left, reminiscing about his small time with jimin and his quite little stature and high voice.

he couldn't wait to make music with the boy, and he's taken enough naps today anyways. yoongi wanted to go home and take more naps, preferably in his bed.

~~~
thank you so much for reading! I...I'm really making a lot of new stories aren't I... omg
anyways thank you for reading again and stopping by, love you all so much! I hope you enjoy this new work of mine!