thirteen.

JIMIN
Taehyung's house, three days after the visit to BigHit

Yoongi was wrong—Jimin thought. true love does exist, he just doesn't realize it even though it's standing right in front of him.

"i found my soulmate." Jimin says over two cups of gatorade mixed with coke. it's fucking deadly, but he doesn't even care because its almost 4 AM in the morning and he hasn't gotten a wink of sleep.

Taehyung almost chokes on his sprite. "fucking christ," he gasps, reeling the air into his lungs. he holds his chest as he coughs, and Jimin continues to stare at him, expressionless. "don't just—don't just drop shit like that on me, dude, the fuck," he hisses. "i'm fucking deleting myself, oh my god!"

"you're overreacting." Jimin murmurs, taking a sip of his concoction, taking in the sugar like it's nothing.

"who is it?" Taehyung winces, looking Jimin dead in the eyes.

"who...?"

"fucking listen to me, who's your soulmate? where did you find them? when did you realize?" 

"uhh," Jimin hesitated, "Yoongi, he found me, and i realized a few days after he released his mixtape."

taehyung's eyes are wide, it looks like he almost stops breathing, he slumps back into the old dining chair that lives in his home. he looks, honestly and truthfully, completely lost and confused; like he wasn't expecting it at all. Jimin wouldn't blame him, he guesses it's pretty shocking when your best friend is actually soulmates with their other best friend and it just gets...weird. even more weird considering Yoongi and Jimin never knew each other's existence before, even if Taehyung was a mutual friend. Jimin shrugs.

before jimin can open his mouth to say something to this cold, long and draining silence that envelopes them, he hears a yawn by taehyung's room, and a Hoseok only in boxers walks out of the room. taehyung's eyes pop open.

"oh...? Jimin, hi," Hoseok greets Jimin casually, leaning against the wall. Jimin turns to meet him, still seated in one of taehyung's dining chairs, waving his hand nonchalantly. "what are you doing here?" Hoseok asks, walking closer to the two them, and then he's standing beside Taehyung, who's still kind of in shock, hand playing with taehyung's hair. Jimin's eyes narrow when he sees the blush that rages across taehyung's tan skin.

"i just came to drop by," Jimin replies.

"oh, alright." Hoseok says, rubbing taehyung's neck affectionally. "well, i'm going back to sleep," he drawls out, leaning down to kiss taehyung's cheek softly before walking back into his room.

Jimin's warm expression fades when Hoseok is out of sight, and he looks at Taehyung with suspicious eyes. "why was i not informed of this?" he says, voice barely containing any venom. but he's taehyung's best friend, and Taehyung should tell Jimin about who he's fucking (not explicitly).

"no, we are not talking about me and Hoseok right now," Taehyung scoffs. Jimin rolls his eyes. "anyways, what the fuck? Yoongi hyung is your fucking soulmate?"

"you're swearing too much and it's 4 AM. stop it." Jimin says, and Taehyung makes a mocking face. Jimin threatens to punch him, but Taehyung then explodes into soft, quiet giggles.

"sorry, sorry," Taehyung laughs, "i'm just, flabbergasted about this. but i'm happy for you,"

Jimin finally, finally smiles for the first time today. "thank you," he says quietly, blushing a little bit.

truthfully, Jimin is actually very sharp. he can spot out something that's wrong with him immediately. for one, ever since he met Yoongi, jimin's noticed that he looks a bit more...mature. he also noticed these warm like feelings erupting in his stomach, and then he realized he was in love. he doesn't now when he fell in love with Yoongi, but he thinks it might be during their busan trip—maybe when Yoongi comforted him through his panic attack when there was lightening. he doesn't know, but it just happened. he's never fell in love before, but now that he's aware of that feeling, he doesn't want to be away from it at all.