sixteen.

JIMIN
June 30, 2016

finally found love,

though you're so far away

you're worth waiting for

3 AM convenience store trips were fun, they said. 3 AM convenience store trips were wild, they said.

nothing about this is wild nor fun.

1:00 AM

yoongi:
hi

jimin:
hi

yoongi:
how r u

jimin:
i'm ok
wbu

yoongi:
i'm ok 2

jimin:
do u feel better
you haven't talked to me in two days

yoongi:
i've recovered
both from my sick and my existential crisis

jimin:
that's good

yoongi:
can i come over ..?

read 1:12 AM

jimin is typing . . .

jimin:
okay

the awkwardness could slice my throat open.

jimin floats around the convenience store in search for ready-to-eat chicken nuggets. honestly, he doesn't even know what he's doing because yoongi came over and now he just doesn't know how to deal with himself. he stops by the chip aisle to check on yoongi, who's looking uselessly serious as he picks out something to eat. his hands hover between sour cream and standard plain lays. jimin absolutely hates sour cream, but yoongi ends up picking it anyways.

he turns, looking a little surprised to see jimin come immediately within his line of sight. jimin laughs softly, picking out his own bag of chips then shaking it and walking away towards the cashier. yoongi follows.

their hands brush against each other only slightly, but it sends waves of goosebumps resonating within jimin's skin. yoongi doesn't seem all that affected.

the walk home is engulfed in silence, they're walking side-by-side, yoongi clutching his chips like he'll lose them. jimin doesn't know when things got awkward between them. maybe it was that time yoongi let go of his hands instead of squeeze back—when it seemed like yoongi didn't love jimin as much as jimin loved yoongi. because of this, jimin's state of mind is all over the place—like a painting with colors splattered around that's abstract art.

jimin looks over to yoongi, eyes wandering over all his features—things he didn't know he ever fell in love with, because things seemed to normal until he started feeling like the stars were aligned differently between them, when he realized he found his soulmate, and that soulmate was yoongi. he couldn't have found out immediately. yoongi was just an underground rapper that wanted someone to work with—but he ended up getting something more. work, friendship, and love. love wasn't expected.

they didn't expect to fall in love at all.

jimin flops down on his couch, placing his and yoongi's food from across the coffee table, crossing his legs as he places them by the edge. yoongi sits across him, the space between them evident. they sit silently again until jimin speaks up.