seventeen.

July 2nd
BIGHIT ENTERTAINMENT

when yoongi arrives at bighit, two daunting front doors await him. he feels a little bit of his soul step back from the rest— like the drop of his stomach from nervousness that he never expected. he finds his eyes quiver with anxiety. but finally, he looks up and suddenly everything is okay. the waves have calmed and it's the silent sound of soft wind rustling through leaves replaces his initial fear. the figure that stands by these doors that invite hurt feels like home and promises forgiveness.

jimin smiles at him right in front of those doors in the same oversized hoodie he would always wear. eyes crinkled and teeth glittering with happiness and care, he sticks out his palm open wide for yoongi to hold.

"good morning," he greets, voice light.

yoongi takes his hand in his slowly, gently. it isn't rushed nor harsh. "'morning," yoongi murmurs as a reply, voice soft. jimin's smile only widens after that, and he squeezes yoongi's hand tightly and takes the first step through those daunting front doors. suddenly, yoongi isn't afraid anymore. suddenly, yoongi feels serene.

October 4th

surprise, surprise!

today we'll be announcing who is going to get ready to debut today. over the course of two more years of training, one of you is planned to debut June 13, 2018. of course, you all know it's a solo act we're debuting.

you have all worked hard—wether you've been here for a few months, a few years. we've seen you grow as people and trainees. thank you for all your hard work.

now, the person who we've decided to debut is—

. . .

when yoongi hears the name, his breath stops.

he's sitting somewhere at the back of the room next to jimin. their hands are held tightly together, and he can feel jimin squeezing his as the name gets called out.

he looks shocked, nervous.

yoongi looks over, mouthing silently, it's going to be okay.

you're going to do great things.

"how ironic, is it not?" seokjin grumbles. yoongi blinks twice, eyes sore and crusty. he finds seokjin's face upside down from his, and a dry path of drool that follows down his cheek. seokjin just frowns at him, hitting his bare stomach with a small slap.

"what the fuck dude," yoongi murmurs, hands coming to rub his face. "how long did i sleep for?"

seokjin sighs, "21 hours, 37 minutes and 2 seconds."

"christ," yoongi grunts. "what day is it today?"

"october 7th," seokjin starts, taking a seat next to yoongi's body on his bed. "three days after you were not accepted to debut." he laughs.

"awh fuck," yoongi drawls, chuckling. "don't remind me, i don't think i've gotten over that yet," he sits up, finding seokjin with his eyes looking as happy as ever.

"actually, i'm kind of glad you didn't debut. the apartment felt pretty lonely as you were a trainee, and i don't think you would suit being a solo artist either." seokjin laughs, hitting yoongi's arm softly. yoongi giggles too in return, looking shyly down at his legs. he's literally only wearing his underwear right now. what a mess. "underground rapper suits you, as for jimin..."