five

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
Midnight

jimin and yoongi end up drinking their hearts away when yoongi clatters around in his kitchen, finding a big bottle of beer, looking over at jimin smirking.

"horrible." yoongi grunts, waving his cup in the air, almost spilling the beer on his head.

"agreed." jimin replies, and he doesn't even know what they are talking about - or ranting about for that matter.

"hey, why'd you dye your hair?" jimin asks yoongi, and yoongi chuckles like the drunk man he is.

"i thought you already asked that." he laughs.

"i did."

"you did."

and the two break into a fit of laughter, intoxicated to the bone.

yoongi doesn't always like getting wasted, but he thought to celebrate jimin becoming his muse, this would be okay. they aren't minors anyways. they just look and feel eighteen.

"hey yoongi, have you ever fucked a grape fruit?" jimin slurs, and sober-yoongi would be surprised if jimin said this but drunk-yoongi acts like its the most normal thing in the world.

"no... " he sighs, "I've never considered it."

"well don't, ever. I heard it makes your willy hurt whenever you pee."

"willy. you can say fuck but not dick, amazing."

"I am a child of God."

and yoongi laughs at that, really loudly. it isn't one of his low chuckles or quiet giggles, yoongi roars out a laugh so loud it echoes off of the walls of his apartment, and that joke isn't even funny, but he laughs so hard anyways.

this is the first drunken night Jimin and Yoongi spent together. times like this, jimin's cheeks are flushed a bright pink, legs weak and sight blurry. alcohol gets to him easily, and this is usually why he doesn't go out to get a drink. he trusts himself more at home than outside, alone.

but tonight, now, with Yoongi sitting comfortably by his side, he's okay with this.

it isn't strange to think he and Yoongi are more than co-workers. people of the same field. someone who had auditioned and someone who chose him. it isn't strange.

"Yoongi?" Jimin squeaks, hiccuping. Yoongi turns to look at him, cheeks just as flushed as jimin's, eyes glossy. the color is a gorgeous shade of brown right now, pupils dilated, and Jimin finds himself remembering to breathe.

"yeah?" Yoongi says, the drawl in his words is definitely that of someone who is most certainly drunk. his voice is low and raspy. drunk. they're drunk.

Jimin giggles a little bit. "why did you choose me to sing with you?"

Jimin blinks and he sees Yoongi looking directly at him. it doesn't make him uncomfortable. he doesn't want to run away, break the eye contact, he doesn't want to laugh awkwardly and tell Yoongi he's going to go home now — instead Jimin looks right back into yoongi's brown eyes. he doesn't usually do this. both of them never usually do this.

"I just thought," Yoongi mutters, dragging out his words, "I just thought you were perfect for me." and all of that just sounds so fucking cheesy that Jimin feels sober. Yoongi continues to look deeply into Jimin's eyes. pupils still dilated. breath deep. air thick. the smell of yoongi's living room is full of their own sweat, the strong fragrance of beer.

and time stops for a moment.

"And I you," Jimin smiles.

in that drunken moment, tender feelings released, it's different.

Jimin isn't complaining. neither is Yoongi.

YOONGI
Friday

jimin and yoongi leave the town for Seoul. the first train leaves at 8, and currently it's 7:20. they both haul their asses out of bed and get ready for the train.

it isn't quite as smooth as Yoongi expected. jimin's luggage can barely fit into the train's doors (its big and purple and Jimin calls it barney because of that. Yoongi thinks it's disgusting (but adorable)). Yoongi didn't think the trip calls to pack this much, but whatever. they're already here.

with this newfound information, Yoongi has concluded that Jimin is a heavy packer. Yoongi's a light packer. there's no fuss or anything, he simply has his camera kit, some clothes, toiletries, and that's it. his small, grey suitcase fits easily between the doors of the train and into the upper cabinet. Jimin has to rut his in between their seats because it's so big.

"i'm so excited," Jimin says, absolutely shining.

"would you be okay if you wear makeup during the shoot?" Yoongi asks abruptly. the shine doesn't leave jimin's cheeks.

"i'm okay," he replies, "i don't think you needed to ask me now. I'd be fine either way. did you pack some products?"

Yoongi shifts in surprise. the space between them is actually really spacious. they're sitting across from each other, jimin's barney in the middle of them. the space is comfortable because they aren't too close and they aren't too far from each other. "i did." Yoongi says hesitantly, "i picked out some bb cream that would match your skin tone---" jimin's lips curl ever so slightly, "and some brow and eyeshadow stuff. and a lip tint."

"do you like makeup?" Jimin asks him.

Yoongi pauses. "yeah."

"that's nice." Jimin replies.

the air stills. Yoongi looks blankly out of the window beside him---the scenery moves fast as they move toward they're destination. for a moment Yoongi begins to feel himself float out into space, like he isn't there right now, like he doesn't exist right now. his vision becomes blurry---he isn't sick or anything---it just feels like his brain is in another place right now.

Jimin breaks the silence. yoongi's vision focuses onto him. he begins to float back to earth, to reality.

"i've been meaning to ask this, but why did you suddenly decide---that i---i don't know, model for you?"

Yoongi almost chokes on his words. "it's for a project." he replies quietly.

"what's the concept?" Jimin asks.

beauty.

that's the concept.

Yoongi ends up swivelling away from the topic---he never really answers Jimin's question---and Jimin will never know what the concept for the photoshoot is. he doesn't need to know, Yoongi thinks. he also thinks just why did he have to choose Jimin. sure, he doesn't have anyone else, but he could've found a real model or something. but the first person that came to mind was Jimin. it was just suddenly---out of the blue---but Yoongi didn't reject the thought.

he feels him changing---for the first time in his life---and it's strange.

_

lol i havent updated since december my apologies but i suddenly got inspo and i wrote this so yay i finally updated this book nice going pauline

sorry if this is so short im hoping my muse will awaken fully soon so i can progress stuff for the next chap

thnks for reading