An Old Friend

"It's what I like to do"

CLICK
"Woah", says Joe when the article accidentally slips out as he is about to close his locker. It falls on the floor. As Joe bends over to pick the paper up he notices another hand has already picked it up and is examining it.

To Joe's surprise, it was his old friend, James.

"James I am glad it was you who picked it up and not somebody else. I am so glad to see you ...... "
He was cut off when James asked, "Where'd you get this ?!" where

"You know about it??"

"I can't tell you anything until you tell me where you found it. "

"Well, I went to the Library and found it in a book. After confirming that it wasn't Library property I took it and kept it for myself. Why?"

"Well, I was painting a wall ........
"And James paints a wall again", said Joe cutting off his friend's sentence.

"Let me finish!!" said James with a little anger. "I had finished a very nice painting when I noticed an old newspaper dating back to 2012 and yet still intact. To just pass the time I picked it up and started to read, even though that's something I don't do most of the time.
I was particularly looking for something interesting. To my surprise, I found exactly what I was looking for. A whole page with a whole section that had to do with art and graffiti that were found both in America and in India highlighting more of America during the 70's and 90's.
I ripped the page for inspiration and continued. As I continued I found another section interesting. It was about..."

Trring rang the school bell.
"Alright boys off to class", said the P.T. teacher.

"We shall continue during the break. See ya later James" said Joe. "Which is your first class?"

"The name's Silver Rat, Joe, I told you like a thousand times," said James.
"That's just your nickname, James. But I original name better unlike the one on your black coat," said Joe pointing a the word Silver Rat on the back of James' black coat.

"See ya later dude, mine's IT and I guess your's is PT", he continued.
"If you knew, why'd you ask?"

The fact was that being in the same class, the two had taken different subjects when it came to choosing optional subjects. Yet Joe loves to crack a joke here and there saying...
"Just Like that".

During the break, the duo sat in their favorite spot in the canteen. After a brief interruption caused by the high school bullies the boys were free once to continue their conversation.

"So where was I?"

"You found another section in the newspaper amazingly interesting?!", said Joe. "For that matter, why do still paint walls? Don't you know it is considered illegal and damage to public property??"

"Let me ask you something. Why do you read adventure, mystery, and historical novels? Why do you still have the passion to go on adventures? huh?"

"Hey you can't blame me for being like that. It's what I like to do. I do what I like and I like what I do," answered Joe

"Then can't I apply the same principle? I paint, on walls mainly graffiti. It's what I like to do," said James. "That is also why I'd prefer you to call Silver Rat."

"I guess you are right", said Joe solemnly. "I can't believe we are arguing on this same topic again. Why don't we get back to the old topic?"

But yet again they were interrupted in their conversation as they heard the warning bell signaling that the break was over.