Science Class

"I wish I was an amphibian"

"So class today going to be talking about mammals and amphibians. Mammals are those creatures that can ........"

"I guess you like biology more than physics and Chemistry?" asked James who was sitting close by.

"You guessed right", answered Joe.

"But you get good marks in all subjects than just biology, even when you don't pay too much attention to them?" whispered James.

"What can I say? I got a good brain", boasted Joe.

"Fine, you win?"

"That was mammals. As for amphibians, these are animals and creatures that can live both on water and land", continued the science teacher. "They have special breathing systems. In other words, they have both lungs like humans and most mammals, and gills like fish. Other cases include breathing using their skin. The best examples of these frogs and platypus."

A tiny smile that showed on Joe's face was enough for James to understand that he was interested in the topic.

"Told you it be interesting."

"Guess it was."

"So students all those who have completed their science notebook please submit your books "

"What?" cried James as he hadn't completed his book.

"Joe, have you completed yours?" asked James.

"Yes, but I'm going to submit it."

"How did you manage to complete it?"

"It was completed way before we found the article."

"How could I be so stupid," the Silver Rat said to himself. Joe just couldn't help but let and a tiny giggle.

Knock Knock...
"Come in", said the teacher

"It's me Miss Amenda, I just want to make an announcement", said Sir Ethan Fortes. "All scouts and guides have a meeting tomorrow after school. Make sure you are all present. Thank you miss." And with that, the scoutmaster, Sir Ethan, left the classroom.

"Another Scout meeting, I wonder what he is to teach us."

"I'm guessing it is a selection for the School Scout camp. all those who are selected might be the only ones going", said Joe.

"Are we a part of it?"

"Well find out tomorrow", replied Joe. "Man, otherwise, I just wish I was an amphibian."

"Dream on kid."

Tring ........ rung the school bell. School wasn't over yet cause it was time for a break. But before that...

"James, could you wait for me outside?"

"Silver Rat!!!"

"You are not painting right now, you rodent."

"Well at least in school."

"For the teachers to do that, nah, I don't think so. Speaking of which Mr. Rat I think I'd like to talk to Miss Amenda If you don't mind."

"It's Silver Rat!!"

"Whatever."

"Excuse me, Miss. I'd like to ask about amphibians. What makes them so special?" asked Joe.

Miss Amenda kindly explained, "Since we aren't studying the topic in detail I'd be happy to tell you more. Well Amphibia, or as we call them Amphibians as I said before live on land as well as in water. They usually don't have a proper neck as such or even a tail as an adult. Like us humans, they don't have an exoskeleton of even an external ear."