Chapter 3 - Arm Bomb

- Percy's POV.

Me and (Y) were in a taxi heading to Smrlly Gabe's too see my Mom.

You've already seen her a bit, but she's a super nice woman. And she's the living proof of 'the best people have rotten luck' theory that I made up.

She was also the only parent I had in my life. My father was never around. I just remember this warm glow and a smile.

Mom doesn't talk much about him. They were never married. She told me he was rich and important. She also told me that he went to sail across the Atlantic and never came back... she keeps saying 'He's not dead, just... lost at sea.'

It didn't help that she married a world class asshole. A disgusting man. Me and him fought a lot... I think the only reason she gets breaks is because (Y). When he came into our lives everything was so much more fun and bright. He's the reason Mom has a small apartment to herself... despite him being homeless He's really good at getting money.

He constantly does the chores in silence. At night he would make food and then sleep in the bathtub.

A house husband threw and threw.

We arrived at the apartment where Smelly Gabe lived. He was in the living room, playing poker with his buddies. The TV was on blaring ESPN. Chip and beer cans thrown everywhere.

Hardly looking you, he spoke to me.

Gabe: "So, you're home."

Percy: "Where's my mom?"

Gabe: "Working. You got any cash?"

Before I could respond we hear a low guttural growl form (Y).

(Y): "Do you have any redeeming qualities?"

Another thing (Y) fucking HATES Gabe. To thr point he trys to avoid him entirely. One time he was Stabbed Gabe with a kitchen knife... it was a bad day.

Percy: "I don't have any cash."

Gabe: "You took a taxi from the bus station. Probably paid with a twenty. Got six, seven bucks in change. Somebody expects to live under this roof, they ought carry there own weight."

(Y): "Then why don't you carry your fat ass to the nearest ally so I can kill your ass."

Gabe got pissed. But I also knew he was a bit scared of (Y). He's proven to follow through on his threats.

Gabe: "Don't talk back to me, boy."

(Y): "Don't act like a king when even the dirt you stand on is too much for you to afford, Pig."

(Y)'s size seemed to grow a bit as a haunting growl echoed around the room.

(Y) took me to my room as Gabe kept his mouth shut. He knew that if (Y) truly wanted too... he would have been nothing but ashes long ago... the burn scar that is on his shoulder is proof when (Y) Stabbed Gabe and burned his wound shut... I only found out from mom.

Walking into my "Room" or well the closet that me and (Y) share he let's me lay down on the bed as he sighs in frustration... all we do is sit there...

Until the angelic voice of my mom cut through the defining silence.

Mom: "Percy?"

She opened the door, and I ran up and hugged her, and she hugged back tighter.

(Y) walked up to me and my mom and nods with his goofy grin.

The moment lasted for a good while. Until Smelly Gabe's voice rang through the house.

Gabe: "Hey, Sally - how about some bean dip, huh?"