Chapter 3: Lightsaber Crafting & Wielding

After going to the planet Ilum to participate in the Gathering, a ritual for all younglings to go through in order to collect their Kyber crystals. Izuku and the rest of the other younglings, traveled back to the station where they would construct their own lightsaber. Making their way to a compound they walked inside to be met with a droid who introduces himself to them.

Huyang: Hello, younglings. I am Professor Huyang, I am a droid that has lived since 25,020 BBY. I have served for the Jedi Order ever since and have always helped younglings, as yourselves, to build their very own lightsaber. And today, I will help guide you on how to build your lightsaber.

All: Yeah!/Alright!

Huyang: Yes, yes, you all must be excited now since you all were able to pass the trials. But fair warning, if you choose not to heed my instructions when building your lightsaber, there will be nothing left of you nor your saber except your crystal.

He said painting a picture in their minds as they shuttered in fear of possibly dying while trying to construct their lightsabers.

Huyang: With the looks on your faces it means you understand what I mean. So now with that out of the way follow me younglings.

He instructs them to follow him into the room as the younglings do as so. Walking into the room they saw all kinds of boxes, filled with different kinds of materials. Some of the boxes were labeled with words in a different language, but the younglings were able to understand the labels on them: Emitter, Hilt, Switch, Sleeve, and Pommel. Seeing all of these boxes the younglings were excited to get started on building their lightsabers, but none were more excited than Izuku and Xander.

As Huyang stopped infront of them he turned around to give them instructions.

Huyang: Infront of you are desk where you will concentrate on building your lightsaber, but first in order to build one you need a material that will contain your kyber crystal which is called a, Hilt. By selecting the materials in the boxes before you. You will use them to construct your lightsaber.

He tells them bringing down a few boxes infront of them allowing the younglings to come over and grab their own materials. It took a few minutes, but the younglings finally decided on what they wanted and move towards their station. As Izuku walked over to his station he saw materials were already set and placed. Looking around he saw that all of the other stations for the other younglings had also been set as well.

Huyang: Now that you are all at your stations, concentrate. Focus on the force and allow it to construct the lightsaber that you want. Picture it in your mind, and what you wish to have will be brought into existence before you.

He tells them, as the younglings turned to their stations to start building their lightsabers.

As Izuku looked at his table he pictured what he wanted in his mind as he placed his crystal on the table.

Izuku: "The kind of lightsaber I want is something light. Something that will allow me to attack and defend quickly with ease, but will also guard over my wrist when I swing."

He thought to himself.

Over by Xander, he smiled as he held his purple crystal in hand as he placed it down on the table.

Xander: "I want a cool lightsaber. One that will allow me to attack with powerful blows and one that will force my opponents to instantly go on the defensive. Leaving them no chance of wanting to attack me."

He thought to himself.

Over by Kokka, she looked at her crystal in her hand as she covered it in her hand.