Revive

Summer holidays; a time for relaxing and dealing with lawsuits from your enemy on a yacht in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Dee spread the files across the table in front of me, talking with a lot of big words I didn't understand as she told me how to fight the case, but the pina colada in my hand gave her the impression I wasn't listening before she collected the files again and sighed.

"Let her help you," George cooed as she walked away, I leant back on the lounger, trying to drown out the voices of irritating people.

"I'm not opposed to letting her help, I'm just trying to enjoy my holiday right now," I said, letting the last of the evening sun eat me up before our evening activities.

We were in Monaco having a day out with the yachts.

Plural.

Charles' boat was harboured to ours, practically the whole grid spread across two boats, excluding the obvious.

We had linked our boats sound systems, so they played the same song but twice as loud, it had come apparent that my boat was more for chilling out and lounging while Charles's was more for partying until you threw up, like Lola and Lando had proved only a few hours earlier.

George and I had snuck away to make the most of the sun, sprawled out across the day bed on the front of my boat that was pointed at the never-ending sea.

"You're first again in the drivers' championship," George reminded me after winning the last two races before the break, safe to say Max was angrier than ever, becoming more and more physical on the track.

There was only a few points in it, but nonetheless it gave me just as much satisfaction that he was kept up at night knowing a female was ahead of him.

"Older timers, you are coming back to the party right?" Daniel called across from the other boat at us.

I peered over my sunglasses, sighing, hoping George would respond for me.

"Yeah in a minute mate," George reads my mind and I smile, thanking him as Daniel gives us a thumbs up, shot gunning another can of corona.

"I'm exhausted," I sighed, we were only a few days in the month long break and all I wanted to do was sleep and lounge around, but most mornings I was dragged from my bed by either George or Lewis, forcing me on a hike or a marathon-long run.

This was the first bit of 'relaxing' I had partaken in willingly.

"I'm gonna go across, come over when you're ready," George says, squeezing my shoulder as he hauls himself upwards.

I listen to the sound of his fading footsteps in the background before the sound of the others cheering as he joins the group once again.

Dee had been working overtime on my law suit with Max from Silverstone, my best friend, FIA official and lawyer now.

I feel the day bed dip beside me, suspecting it to be Lola or Dee, but as I open my eyes, I greeted with a tanned torso and red shorts to my dismay.

"Hanging out?" Charles says from beside me, our arms touching as he sits a little too close to me.

I debate moving over, away from the warmth of his arm, but we were far enough around the front of my boat that the peering eyes of the others wouldn't be able to see.

"Mmm, just trying to have a moment of silence," I mumble, licking my lips as they had gone dry since he had sat down.

I was wearing a black bikini, a little exposing if I say so myself, but Dee had hyped me up in it enough for me to wear it in front of everyone.