Chapter 40

London's weather is famous for being gloomy, somewhat rainy and just plain depressing. So when the sun came out and the temperature became warm, you bet your bum we all would be wearing our finest summery clothes, enjoying the warmth and staying as far away from the shades as possible.

  Watching everyone soaking their pale skin in the sun, I sigh behind the classroom window as Professor Mohsen talk about the different sales plans. I didn't give him too much of my attention as I was much occupied with many plans, to make this day into use.

  For instance, the girls and I could go to the park and have a picnic, eat ice cream and take loads of pictures. Or maybe we could head to BlackPool and just enjoy a day at the beach for a change. The possibilities were many but I was stuck in this life-sucking institution for another three hours.

  "Pitiful, isn't it?" Kaliq whispered next to me, gaining my attention.

  "Yeah. We are wasting sun time in this hell hole." I sighed tearing my gaze from the outside world to give Kaliq my full attention now.

  "Aaroosa finishes today at around 1, and I was thinking what if we all ditch and just enjoyed this sunny day?" He raised a brow expectedly at me.

  As tempting as his offer was, I had this guilt feeling in the bit of my stomach. I wasn't the best of students, but still, ditching wasn't something I was comfortable with, "I don't know, Kaliq."

  "Come on, Maggs. It would be fun. Plus Professor Johns doesn't take attendance before the finals." His words were tempting but I didn't want to cave in that easily. What if that lecture was important? What if I couldn't understand it by myself? I already skipped too many times.

  "I already missed too much." I said a bit hesitant which Kaliq caught on.

  "Then this time won't make that much of a difference."

  Taking a deep breath, I decided that it was indeed too much of a nice day to waste in classrooms, "Fine."

  —-

  Walking out of the building with Kaliq, Bella and Waliyha, we were all chatting and just being excited about the whole BlackPool thing. Just as we were getting out of the door, I noticed Seif walking past us. He gave me a weak smile at first then he noticed I was headed out which made him confused since we took Commercial Law together.

  Stopping in my tracks, I decided I owned Seif a brief explanation so he won't be shocked when he sits alone in the lecture. "Hey." I smiled at him.

  "Hey, um, aren't you attending?" He asked putting the pieces together. It was 1:13 and the lecture started 1:15 exactly knowing how punctuated Johns was.

  "Not really. We are going to the BlackPool instead. Don't want to waste the sun and all. Want to come?" Seif's look made my guilt evident. It was like I was ditching him not the lecture, that's why I offered him to join us knowing fully well that Seif would never skip a lecture even if it had no attendance.

  "But what about the Law?" He asked with a small frown on his face. 

  "Professor Johns won't take attendance. Plus, Ramadan is coming and finals are just around the corner. When will we have another time to just enjoy a day like that? It would be fun." I was convincing myself more than Seif really, trying to subdue the guilt inside of me.

  Seif hummed to himself and thought about it for a second, "Okay." He gave me a weak smile

  My eyes widened for a second when I realized that Seif wasn't only saying 'okay' about me skipping but he was accepting my offer to join us. He was skipping without any convincing needed. As much as I was happy that Seif would be with me, I was also shocked. He wasn't the kind to leave class for any reason, especially not a lame one like the one I just gave him.