Chapter 57

"You haven't told him yet?" Kaliq said to Aaroosa mostly.

"Tell me what? Why are you talking to her?" Zayn asked, his eyes narrowing at Kaliq.

"Zayn, Kaliq here had come to ask for my permission to get closer to our Rosa with an intention of making things official very soon." Sarwat Pupo was the one to speak this time taking her shot at calming Zayn down.

"Aaroosa? With him?" Zayn spat almost disgustedly but he tried not to show it in front of his family.

"Yes, him. What's wrong with him that?" Aaroosa asked defending Kaliq who seemed like he didn't want to interfere between the family members.

"A lot!" Zayn crossed his arms.

"You don't even have a legit reason." Aaroosa rolled her eyes.

"Maybe not but my gut feeling is never wrong." Zayn was being a little too harsh with Aaroosa which no one liked really.

"Zayn." His mom was trying to make him to relax a little.

"No mom. They can't be together." Zayn was losing the little control he had over his anger which wasn't really justified.

"Why not? He loves me and I love him. That's what marriage is, aint it?" She yelled in frustration at him.

"That's not enough! He is a player. First he gets to play super hero with Waliyha then he is the good guy who stays for hours in a girls' apartment to check on Maggie's health and now he is 'in love' with you?" Zayn chuckled coldly rolling his eyes.

"So? He is our friend and he cares for Waliyha and Maggie, what does that even prove but he's a good person?" Aaroosa argued back trying so hard to hit Zayn with a vase or something.

"It only means he was playing on all of you but he only succeeded with you." Zayn fired back.

"Oh my god. You know what, no one even said a bad word to you when you decided to suddenly propose to Maggie without even telling your own father or hers. We didn't know her past then and you didn't care for anyone's opinion, so don't run around now making decides for my life when you are barely even in it."

Her words were meant to hurt Zayn just because he hurt her but they really hurt me more. Was that really how she felt about me? I was some girl Zayn decided to add to the family without even consulting anyone? Did she really judge me for my past?

Aaroosa stormed after yelling those words with Kaliq running after her. Zayn's face was so red from boiled up anger that he just walked out of the door not being able to stay in the room anymore. I decided to go talk to him ignore my own hurt feelings, he needed me more.

Walking to the porch, I found Zayn standing alone looking ahead with a cigarette lit between his lips and the lighter still in his hand.

"Hey," I whispered standing to him. Startled by my presence next to him, he blew out the smoke of his drag on the side far away from me then let the new lit cigarette fall on the ground before he stomped on it. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He said after a little pause. I didn't know what I was supposed to say to him in a situation like that. Although I did find Zayn's absolute rejection of Kaliq was unreasonable as I knew Kaliq better than he did and I knew he was indeed a good guy that only acted out like a player, yet I did find Aaroosa's words very hurtful and I couldn't really defend her and her relationship when she thought badly of mine.

"Aaroosa didn't mean the words she said, you know." Zayn broke the little silence between us. A little smile appeared on my face in admiration of this beautiful man. Even when he was pre-occupied with his own fight with Aaroosa he still thought about my feelings.