Chapter 10

The weeks were passing quickly, and Gaston felt himself getting better and better. Not just the physically. No, the wounds were healing on a steady pace, but he was also feeling better mentally.

Going in his headspace did help with his anger issues and he felt more relaxed, and the fact that there were two caregivers near him, who took care of him helped as well.

To be honest, he started to like the days he was small, something he would never have expected. The castle was more than equipped to deal with his headspace, having toys and furniture to fit his needs, and the occupants were all very indulgent. The kitchens was one of his favourite spaces to be when he couldn't find Belle or even Adam, who he was starting to like a lot more.

He would get a lot of snacks to eat, until either Belle or Adam came to get him, Belle always took his hand and pulled him away, but when Adam came, he always carried Gaston, something the little secretly adored. He could bury his face in the furry shoulder and it was nice and soft and warm.

Today, he had been intercepted before he had even managed to reach the kitchen. He had been feeling rather small, and he needed to sit down for the stairs. At the bottom of them, he had been contemplating crawling to the kitchens, because his legs were very unstable.

But before he could decide to do it, he let out a yip when he felt big pawlike hands grip him and a moment later he was held firmly against the broad chest.

"Now is not the time to go to the kitchens," Belle laughed when she saw Gaston's indigent look, knowing what the little normally did, "it's dinner time,"

"Eat?" Gaston asked, kind off understanding the word, but not really.

"Yes, eat, you big lug," Adam said, laughing and bouncing Gaston a little while they walked to the small dining room that looked out to the gardens.

Soon, he was stuck in the highchair, a tray firmly in place, keeping all the food out of his reach, which made him pout.

"Oh, don't look like that, you know you get your food soon," Belle said, giving him a kiss on his brow while she tightened the bib around his neck. A moment later a bowl appeared on the tray, and Gaston eagerly took the spoon lying next to it.

It was impossible to eat neatly, and soon he grew sticky with food, the tray also falling victim and the bib barely sufficient to protect his clothes.

Belle regularly went with a napkin past his chin, and Adam sometimes took his spoon to scrape the food from his mouth and pushed it passed his lips before giving it back to a whining Gaston.

He grinned when he got the item back, muttering something that sounded like 'thank you,' and getting a warm pat on his head or back in return. It was nice that they cared for him so much, and Gaston still had trouble believing that they could care for him so much when he was like this, all small and needy and icky.

"Mama," Gaston said, solely to see the smile on Belle's face, the woman saying something he couldn't understand.

He was quite deep in headspace, deeper than normal. He was feeling so small and safe and when Adam took his spoon again to wipe some of his chin, he opened his mouth wide, smiling at Adam as well. He was still a little scared of the Beast, especially when he smiled back and showed his scary teeth, but it was much better, and he gave the best hugs from all of them.

Holding up his bowl for a refill, he babbled a bit when he got it, starting to eat again. A pressure came to his gut, and without thinking about it, Gaston pushed before he realised what he was doing. A moment later, he panicked, feeling the squishy feeling against his bum. A spoon clattering on the tray as he made a panicked startled noise and froze.