Chapter 7

Adam was standing in the hallway, trying to be as silent as he could while he was looking through the door he had subtly put ajar. He hadn't meant to spy, seeing that Belle had made it clear enough that he shouldn't agitate Gaston, but he wanted to be 100% sure that Belle would be alright with the big man there.

She was a fierce woman, but the other man could easily physically overwhelm her, even if he was wounded, so he had been following her for a while already.

It had taken a lot of his willpower to not start to help while Belle was struggling to get Gaston to the bathroom, but Adam knew that he wasn't wanted there and he didn't want to ruin what he and Belle were starting to have.

It was still too young and fragile, and Adam was scared she would cast him to the side if he showed that he hadn't respected her wishes.

So, instead of helping her out, he was looking through a barely opened door and tried not to bristle when he saw her washing the other man's genitals and then ass, keeping the litany that it was a little going on in his head.

His jealousy was clearly unfunded, but it was also stuck in his head that this was the man that had asked her to marry him.

But then he saw Gaston lean back in the water and stuck his thumb in his mouth and the feeling of jealousy disappeared, being replaced with something he didn't care to think about.

Seeing the man sucking his thumb made him remember the item that was in his hands that Mrs Potts had given him. Adam looked down at the dummy that she had put in his hands before he could follow Belle, saying that she had thoroughly cleaned it and how surprised she had been to find one in such a good condition.

"So make sure to give it to Belle now, okay. I'm quite sure that Gaston is more than little enough to use one," she had said, gently pushing him towards the door.

And he had meant to give it to Belle, but he had been unsure if he should approach her then or after she would be done with Gaston and in the end he had lingered too long and had missed the opportunity to give it to her before she had gone to his room.

"Gaston!" came a sudden panicked exclamation from Belle, pulling his attention from the dummy in his hands, and without thinking Adam surged into the room. Immediately he felt the fur start to appear and by the time he had burst into the room he was fully in his beast mode, growling aggressively.

Both Belle and Gaston looked at him with wide startled eyes, clearly not having expected him. Gaston had his hands cupped and aimed at belle, whose hair was wet and dripping on her frock.

The man immediately hid his hands in the water, and tried to sink deeper, trying to hide from the monster that had suddenly appeared.

All he had wanted was to play with Belle, but it seemed like he had made a wrong decision. It had been funny when he saw her sputtering with the water dripping from her, but the enraged beast that burst in a second later made all fun disappear immediately.

Trying to sink down a little in the water, Gaston felt vulnerable, and the beast was large and looming and he was here, sitting in the water and feeling oh so small.

"Sorry," Gaston managed to force out with a sob, covering his head with his arms, knowing he had done wrong. It was weak to say sorry, but even though his father had always said to Gaston that sorry was weak, he always wanted his son to grovel through the dirt.

Still, even with the apology, Gaston expected to be dragged out of the bath and at the very least be thrown back into his room, if not worse.

"Hey now, it's okay," Belle said at Gaston while she looked angrily at Adam, who tried to shrink in himself.