18

<Narrator's Pov>

The lightening lit up the lab, coming down from the sky from the command of Thor's hammer. The others standing around the table back away as he directs the sparks towards Aalie and Steve, laying limply on the table.

The electric blue currents split into to, shocking their bodies in hopes to recharge their energy. As the lightning strikes their bodies, both of them start to shake violently at the impact.

"Hold them down!" Thor orders as everyone rushes to the table. They grab onto their arms and legs, using all of their strength to keep them still.

"It's working," shouts Dr. Banner over the ruckus as the screens start to flicker. "She's gaining strength!"

As the screens slowly start to come on, Banner and Stark get to work around the lab, tapping on gadgets and frantically typing on the computers connected to their travel.

"It's working," Banner says, pushing his glasses up on the ridge of his nose as the screens fully power up. "Her vitals are raising. Thor, cut the lightening. They're waking up."

~

<Avalie's Pov>

Steve, I say, a grin appearing on my face. It's working. The edges are coming back.

Steve looked up at me, a smile on his face as well. Then lets go.

I smile back at him, reaching over to grab his hand to send us back home. But that's when I hear footsteps, and they weren't my own.

What's that? Steve asks, looking towards the door with furrowed eyebrows, or with a look that I recognize as his battle-face. He grabs me by the waist, pulling me behind him.

Oh no, I think, my stomach churning. This can't be good. We have to leave, now.

Steve glances at me. What is it?

Well, I say, gulping. When we were stuck here, time was frozen around us so we couldn't escape. But now that it's unfrozen...

The meeting is about to start, Steve finishes my thought.

C'mon, I plead, tugging at his hand. We have to go.

No, Steve replies. This mission doesn't have to be a failure. We can still stay for the meeting.

No, I say back. The dark edges aren't very strong. I don't know for how long they will hold. Steve, I'm tired. We have to go.

Steve looks back at me for a long minute, a crease in his forehead as he decides. Fine, he finally relents, his face softening from my plead. Lets go. Hurry, before they see us.

So with that, I exasperatedly grab his hand, profoundly relieved that I was going home. I close my eyes and heave a sigh, letting time consume us, but not before I heard the door open.

"Hey!" I her someone shout as we fade. "They're getting away!"

And that's the last thing I heard, you know, besides the gunshots.

~

<Narrator's Pov>

"They're awake," announces Wanda, taking her hands off of their temples as they wake.

Steve opens his eyes first, squinting against the bright lights over his head and everyone standing around him.

"Captain is awake from his long slumber after presumed dead," Tony says, monotone. "Deja vu, anyone?"