Chapter 1 I Birth

(BRITTANY'S P.O.V)

I was sitting on my couch with my husband, John.

"King John, there's someone on the phone for you." A staff named Jerry said in his British accent.

"I'll be right back." He said as he stood up.

He kissed me, then my pregnant bump. As soon as he kissed my bump, my water broke.

"Babe, my water broke!" I said, in a surprised tone.

"Really?" John asked nervously.

"Really," I replied.

"Let's get you to the hospital," John said as he helped me.

"Is there anything I could do?" Jerry asked.

"Yes, call our driver, please. And tell her it's urgent." John said to Jerry.

Jerry nodded and ran into the office.

A minute later, Jerry ran back in.

"The driver is on her way," Jerry said.

John helped me to the front door. He opened the door and helped me out—the driver, Doris, was parked outside the Buckingham castle. John and I walked to the car, and he opened the back door for me. He helped me into the car. He buckled up my seatbelt and then closed the door. He walked around to the other side of the car and opened the back door. He hopped in and then buckled his seatbelt. He closed the door.

"Go to the nearest hospital," John said to Doris.

Doris started driving.

It was ten minutes later.

We arrived at the hospital.

John and I was in a delivery room.

I was lying down on the bed with my legs propped up in those things that hold my legs up while John was standing next to me.

I was wearing a white hospital gown with black spots on it.

The nurses came in singing the beginning of Circle of Life.

"Nants ingonyama bagithi baba. Sithi uhm ingonyama. Nants ingonyama bagithi baba. Sithi uhhmm ingonyama. Ingonyama. Siyo. Nqoba Ingonyama. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (asana). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!)." The nurses sang at the same time.

"What the fuck?" I asked, confused.

"From the day we arrived on the planet." The doctor said as she walked in.

"And, blinking, step into the sun. There's more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than can ever be done. There's far too much to take in here. More to find than can ever be found. But the sun rolling high. Through the sapphire sky. Keeps great and small on the endless round. It's the circle of life. And it moves us all. Through despair and hope. Through faith and love. 'Til we find our place. On the path unwinding. In the circle. The circle of life

"Stop fucking singing and deliver my baby!" I yelled angrily at the doctor.

"Sorry, this is my first time delivering a royal baby." The doctor said.

She walked up to me. She stood in front of my vagina.

"Push. Breath." She said.

I started pushing and breathing. I started groaning and moaning in pain. The doctor kept repeating herself. John grabbed my hand.

"You can squeeze as hard as you want." He said.

I squeezed his hand as hard as I could.

"Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala. Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!  Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!). Ingonyama nengw' enamabala (se-to-kwa!)." The nurses sung quietly in the background as all the talking is going on.

Minutes later, I heard crying.

I was relieved.

I let go of John's hand.

The baby sneezed on the doctor.

"Disgusting." She said to our baby. "It's a girl."

I smiled.

She cut the umbilical cord and wrapped our baby around in a blanket. She walked up to us and then stopped in front of the bed. The doctor lifted our baby into the air while still holding onto her.

"It's the circle of life. And it moves us all. Through despair and hope. Through faith and love. 'Til we find our place. On the path unwinding. In the circle. The circle of life." The doctor sang.

"Can I have our baby, please?" I asked the doctor.

"Sure." She replied.

She handed the baby to me. I grabbed her and smiled. John kissed both mine and our baby's head. Our baby stopped crying.

"You did it." John said quietly.

I kissed him.

"We're gonna name you Carla," I said to our baby.