2.

[Itsuna's POV]

It's been a few days since I last saw Shisui-san. I didn't catch him anywhere,not even a single glimpse or anything,neither was he at home when I visited and he never came to see me or Itachi either. It was a little upsetting. I will never admit it to anyone but I've always had a huge crush on Shisui-san. He was just so cute,kind,funny and sweet,spending time with him was always fun. He was also a great teacher during training. Seeing him always made my day and I haven't seen that person since last Monday.

It was almost evening,I was sadly walking back home after a small mission. I'm a jonin but since I have a genin team,we always get the most boring jobs and it always gets done pretty quickly since the kids in my team are rather capable. If I remember correct,Itachi had a anbu mission today,wonder how its going. As I was staring at the orange sky,I jumped at my own skin at the sudden noise of an explosion somewhere nearby. I looked around,trying to sense where it came from. If I'm not mistaken,it was from the forest near the cliff.

I quickly jumped over the buildings to reach the spot as I heard some more noises on my way there. As I reached the middle of the forest,I looked for signs everywhere and followed where it took me to. The forest cleared out and I came out to the cliff at the end of the forest,the place me,Itachi and Shisui always hung out at. I looked in front of me and Itachi's ever so familiar back was facing me and there was someone in front of him. I walked closer.

"Itachi?" I called with caution and surprisingly,Itachi jumped to turn around and didn't look very relieved when he saw it was me. He just looked at me hesitantly and the look in his eyes suddenly made me worried. I walked further and my eyes fell on the person that was in front of my twin. I felt my heart clench at the sight in front of me. There Shisui was,all beaten up and tired looking. But what horrified me the most was the fact that one of his eye had blood streaming down from it,it was closed and I could tell his eye wasn't there anymore. Who....would do something so hideous? To a person as sweet and amazing as Shisui?

"I-Itsuna..." Itachi called out to me,his eyes not leaving me as I approached the older boy in a daze.

"Oh it's you,I'm glad you came." Shisui said in a gentle voice,a small smile gracing his lips.

"S-shisui-san...who...who did this to you?" My voice broke through the sentence as I felt a lump forming on my throat.

I stopped a few steps before him,wondering if I should get any more close. Shisui walked forward,closing the gap between us as he stood right in front of me. I looked up to meet his single eye since he was taller.

"Itachi,give me a few moments with her?" He asked Itachi as my twin looked mortified but slowly nodded and hesitantly went back behind a huge tree.

"Itsuna..." Shisui trailed off in a whisper as my heart jumped,he said my full name.

"There's...a lot I cannot tell you,I wish I could but I can't. But there's also something that I must tell you. I....I've always loved you...I know you're a bit younger than me but I've always been in love with you. I can kind of tell that you also feel something of that sort towards me. I never said anything because I had thought that it would be better for us to grow up a little more before that. But it looks like I should have done this sooner. I....I wanted to grow up as a great man and marry you someday but...it doesn't feel possible anymore. I'm sorry for being a coward. But know that I love you." Shisui said,his hand cupping the side of my face as he looked deep into my eyes. My breathe almost stopped at every word he let out. I wanted to be happy in this moment but something hurt so bad.

"I....love you too....but...but why are you talking like you're going away somewhere?" I asked,my voice completely broken.

"Because I am,my love. And I'm sorry I have to do this. And...there's also something I want to do before I go and I'm sorry that I'm not gonna ask for your consent. But...." He trailed off as he closed his eye and brought his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes shut,not sure about what was about to happen.

I felt Shisui's lips on my forehead,then on both of my cheeks,my mind was buzzing,my heart was doing cartwheels. He pulled away.

"Itsuna,look into my eyes." He whispered and I opened my eyes,only to be met with his sharingan. And before I could do or say anything more,I passed out.

[3rd Person POV]

Shisui swiftly caught Itsuna in his arms as she was about to fall.

"Itachi." He called out and Itachi appeared from behind the tree.

"What happened to her?" Itachi asked,sending a concerned look towards his sister.

"Just a small dream tsukuyomi,she'll be up in 6 hours. I couldn't afford to have her awake before I do this." Shisui said as he put his bag on the floor and carefully laid Itsuna on the ground,resting her head on the bag.

"Now-" He looked at Itachi,ready for what he had decided to do.

[Itsuna's POV]

I was dreaming,I realised I was dreaming. I needed to wake up but I couldn't. I've never been inside a tsukuyomi dream before but I think this is what it feels like. I was just walking past the same place over and over for the past 6 or so hours and it wouldn't stop. The place was the street by Shisui's house. I needed to wake up and see how Shisui was doing.

Suddenly,I finally saw the dream world crumbling and my eyes opened slowly. I felt an urgency,shooting straight up with a little yelp. I looked around frantically,I was in my bedroom.

"You're awake." I looked down at the familiar voice only to find Itachi sitting on the floor by my bed. His sharingan was activated. Why tho? We're at home and there isn't any possibility of any enemy attack,dad should be downstairs too then why the precaution? He looked tired,his stress lines more evident than ever.

"Ita....Shisui-san...how is he now?" I asked in an urgent manner,placing my hand on my twins shoulder and shaking him slightly.

He sat up on my bed,facing me and placed his hand on top of my head.

"Itsu....Shisui-san...he...died..." Itachi said in a low tone,not meeting my eyes.

I just sat there,eyes trained on Itachi,not understanding what he just said. When it sunk in,I felt my heart jump up to my throat. No...this couldn't be happening. He's strong,so strong. How can that happen?

"P-please don't lie about things like these..." It felt hard to breathe.

"You think I'd lie about something like that? Itsu...it's true...he's no more." Itachi said.

I couldn't believe my own ears. This was beyond ridiculous. Did he know? Is that why he said all those things?

"How?! Who killed him?!" I yelled,grabbing Itachi's shirt.

"He wasn't killed....and I cannot tell you how he died either,I'm sorry." Itachi looked down more,his voice getting smaller.

I couldn't take it anymore,I burst into tears. My heart hurt so bad,it's not just that I liked him in a romantic sense,I've always admired and respected him so much. He was such a sweet and kind person,so precious.

Itachi slowly held me,placing his hand on the back of my head and guiding me closer to him. He hugged me tight,my face getting buried on his chest as I sobbed loudly,gripping onto his shirt for dear life. I felt his hand shaking slightly,his chest rising and falling in big sighs,as if he was trying his hardest to hold his tears back.

I couldn't stop crying that night,Itachi stayed with me,holding me in his arms without a word. I didn't let him go,my twin but also my older brother. The person who knew me the best,the person who accepted even the ugliest sides of me,the person who would always lend me his shoulder to cry on no matter what. Itachi,my twin who I was the safest with and who I trusted with my life.