7.

We reached mine and Sasuke's apartment after doing a little bit of grocery shopping. As we entered,the other 3 started to look around.

"Feel free to check out Sasuke's room~" I teasingly said and laughed at the way Sakura's eyes lit up instantly.

"Nee-san!" Sasuke complained,shaking his head. I simply laughed him off.

"Hey hey! What are we eating?" Naruto asked,running up to me. I bend down to come eye level with the blonde.

"We're making a mix of everyone's favourite." I smiled.

"Really? You're seriously the best,Itsu nee-san!" Naruto happily exclaimed.

"So are you,my little foxy." I said,ignoring Sasuke's jealous grunt.

"Alright you kids go hang out,I'll get cooking." I shooed them off to Sasuke's room so they won't cause chaos while I cook. Kakashi was looking over our bookshelf as I went to the kitchen and put on my apron. I got out the vegetables from the grocery bag and the big fish from the fridge. Suddenly Kakashi entered the kitchen.

"Hey....I'll help.." He said,sounding a little timid.

"Oh no no,it's okay. I couldn't make a guest work." I said.

"I insist...I'm just gonna be bored sitting over there anyway,and it'll be quicker." Kakashi reasoned. I could really sense the awkward tension between the two of us. 3 years ago,we used to train all day together once a week. After that,I made no effort to reach out to him,neither did he. And now he was appointed the teacher of my little brother.

"Sure then. I'll let you handle the fish if it's okay with you?" I asked,scooting away to give him space on the kitchen counter.

"Sure." He took off his vest,rolling up the sleeves of his t-shirt. After washing his hands,he got to work.

"So....how've you been doing?" Kakashi suddenly asked after a bit.

"I've been fine...I guess..just taking care of that brat and doing my job. How about you?" I replied.

"The usual.....just being me...but I'm kind of looking forward to team 7." I was forced to look up at him at the soft tone of his voice. I've never really seen that look in his eyes.

"I hope my brat doesn't give you too much of a hard time." I laughed quietly,knowing how difficult Sasuke could be.

"I hope I can take care of them properly." He said.

"You should stop being so late tho. Sasuke told me you were 2 hours late today." I laughed.

"It's just that the universe doesn't want me to be on time."

I laughed loudly at that. This was a little surprising. I didn't know Kakashi could joke around. I knew who's habit he had picked up tho. He still wasn't really over Obito-nii and Rin's deaths. I don't think he'll ever be.

My eyes fell on his hands working on the fish as I was about to retrieve them back to my own work. I don't know why,but my sight got stuck on his strong forearm. His hand was so big and veiny,long slender fingers expertly handling the huge fish. I started gawking at his hands,forgetting about the vegetables I was chopping. And as a result,I felt a sudden stinging pain on my pointer finger. I yelped,looking back and finding my knife over my finger. I had almost sliced off my own finger while being a pervert,great.

I hissed,quickly holding my finger with the other hand. Kakashi looked up at the sound of my voice,his eye widened when he saw blood gushing out of a huge cut on my finger. Without a moments waste,he grabbed my hand gently and pushed it gently under the tap,quickly running the water. I yelped at the sensation and he rubbed a palm on my back soothingly.

After the bleeding stopped,he told me to sit down and brought the first aid kit,gently wrapping up my finger. I stared at his face in a daze,completely forgetting about my throbbing finger. I couldn't even see his face other than that one eye but in this instant,why did I find him so handsome? I just knew that under that mask,this man was absolutely gorgeous.

Suddenly he looked up at me and our eyes met,I quickly looked away. Blushing furiously. Shit! What is wrong with me?! Why am I even thinking such things?! After cursing myself out in my mind and assuring Kakashi that I was fine,we got back to work. We worked in silence as I suddenly felt too awkward to start a conversation. My thoughts about him earlier were a bit too weird.

After cooking was finally done,Kakashi helped me set up the table as I went to Sasuke's room.

"Food's ready,kiddos!" I called as Sakura and Naruto cheered,immediately dropping what they were doing and running out to the dining room as Sasuke followed behind them.

Dinner was unusually chaotic but fun. Its been a while since me and Sasuke had company during dinner. After eating,the kids hung out for a bit more when Sakura said she had to go home. I walked up to Sasuke.

"Walk her home,Tomato." I said to Sasuke. He grunted.

"Why? She's a kunoichi,not like she can't handle it if someone attacks her." I sighed at his reasoning.

"It's not about her being strong,it's about you being a gentleman. Take Naruto and drop her home,okay?" I said as I pushed him out the door next to Naruto and Sakura.

"What about the dishes?" Sasuke turned around.

"Kakashi will help me with them,now shoo." I shoo'ed them off and closed the door behind them after Naruto and Sakura thanked me for the dinner. I turned around,giggling to myself.

"Trying to make your brat a gentleman,huh?" Kakashi commented from the couch. I laughed quietly.

"Well he needs to learn the courtesies." I shrugged. "Oh by the way,you can go home too if you want. I didn't really need help with the dishes,I just said that so he listens."

Kakashi sat up and closed the book he'd been reading. "Nah let me help. It was nice eating your homemade meal after a while."

I smiled. "Did you like it?"

"I loved it. You cook really well." A blush crept up my cheeks at the sudden compliment. I've never heard Kakashi say he liked anything,let alone use the word 'love'.

"Um....t-thank you..." I couldn't help but stutter a little. Everyone always complimented my cooking but since it came from someone who usually never showed any positive feelings towards anything,it felt nicer and made me happy.

I quickly avoided being weird any further and just walked to the kitchen to get the dishes done,Kakashi following behind me.