3.

[Itsuna's POV]

At some point into the night,I had fallen asleep. When I woke up with a headache,Itachi was still there next to me,asleep. He woke up immediately as soon as I moved. I looked at him but didn't say a word. We had stuff to do today,we couldn't just stay at home and cry and that sucked. I sighed,trying to massage my throbbing head.

I got down the bed,walking to the washroom as my eyes fell on the mirror. I looked hideous,but that didn't matter at this moment.

"Itsuna." Itachi called,his voice deeper than usual.

"Hm?" I replied,finding it hard to find my voice.

Itachi walked over and hugged me.

"One thing I have to make sure,don't mention Shisui-san to anyone,not a single soul. Pretend you don't know what happened. I cannot tell you why but please understand,you know a bit about what's going on in our clan. It's for our safety,keep it a secret for the time being,okay?" Itachi said.

I nodded slowly against his shoulder,not liking the idea but if Itachi was so serious about it,it would be better to listen to him.

"Okay,I understand." I said and he let me go,patting my head as he left my room.

I did my morning routine with difficulty,putting on my clothes and leaving my hair open. I walked downstairs,trying to wipe off some sadness off of my face. I entered the dining room,finding everyone else except Itachi. Mom noticed me immediately,her expression dropping after seeing my face.

"Sweetheart,what happened? Are you okay?" She quickly walked towards me,her expression worried.

I weakly smiled.

"She was a little frustrated about things,cried last night." I heard Itachi say from behind me,his voice leveled,back to normal. As he entered the room,I noticed his expression was back to the usual as well,I wonder how he did that. The thought of Shisui sent another pang to my chest but I held in my tears.

"Aw my baby." Mom cooed sadly,engulfing me in a hug.

"That's your baby,I'm not." I said while pointing at Sasuke.

"Oh shut up,you're all my babys." Mom rubbed my cheeks and ruffled my hair,basically giving me baby treatment.

"Now eat up,you're gonna be late." Mom urged and I sat down on my usual spot.

Dad stood up,making his way out while he stopped by the door.

"Itsuna." He called and I looked up to see his back facing me.

"You're doing great,I'm proud of you." He said,no emotions in his words whatsoever. But that hit me hard and before I knew it,there were tears in my eyes again.

"Thank you,Otoo-san." I said while sobbing loudly as he looked back with a shocked expression.

"Dear,don't be so sweet so suddenly!" Mom scolded dad while wiping my tears.

"E-eh...? But-" Dad tried.

"They get shocked when you're nice out of nowhere,it's weird so don't do that." Mom said as I saw an arrow hitting dad straight as he looked dumbfounded. He left the room as I heard him sadly chanting the word "weird".

Sigh,I love my family. But it still doesn't make it better,what hurts,hurts.

I survived the whole day of training and missions,trying my hardest to not show any emotion on my face. I was walking back home,slouching and sighing every step of the way. The sky was deep orange,the wind blowing softly.

"Nee-chaaan~~~" I stopped in my tracks as I heard a baby voice calling. I turned around only to find Sasuke running towards me.

Oh. I haven't been spending a lot of time with my precious little brother. He reached me finally with his little legs.

"Hey Tomato,how was academy?" I asked him.

"Academy was fine. How was work?" He asked as I noticed him trying to hide his hands behind his back.

"Work was fine too...I just wanna go home and crash on my bed now." I said.

"Nee-chan,this for you." Sasuke said as he brought out his hands that he was hiding. In his tiny hands,he was holding a handful of unknown white flowers. I stared for a bit as a smile soon crept up my lips.

"For me?" I asked.

"Yes! A girl from my class helped me pick them out!" He told me,looking excited. He remembered that I like white flowers.

"Aww,thank you baby bro. I love them." I took the flowers from him and smelled them,they smelled refreshing.

"And? You like this girl who helped you?" I asked,trying to tease him.

"I don't even know her name." Sasuke shrugged as I ended up laughing,he sometimes resembles Itachi so much. I sometimes wish I was as popular as the two of them.

"Anyways,nee-chan...can I get a piggy back ride home? My legs are tired." Sasuke said and I almost ended up crying again.

He has hated being carried by someone else other than Itachi ever since he turned 4. But he knew I liked giving him piggy backs,so even tho he hated it,he offered it himself cuz he knew it would make me happy. I quickly swallowed down the lump in my throat and sat on my knees for him to climb up on my back. As he settled in,I started walking,my heart feeling lighter and lighter with every step.