Chapter 365

When it was finally time to take the photos, Jennie still wore her faraway singer outfit to match with Lisa's. The old, experienced photographer was especially satisfied. He smacked his lips together and praised them incessantly about what a perfect couple they were.

Chitthip smiled brightly from the side. When the photo shoot finally ended, she rushed over to hold Jennie's arm and asked if she was tired. It was as though she was terrified of making her own daughter-in-law tired.

Afterward, perhaps because Chitthip had been too excited for the past two days and could not stop herself, or perhaps she had received Lisa's silent consent, but she informed the matter of their wedding photographs to Elder Manoban.

As a result, Elder Manoban's elation drove him into taking a flight to Los Angeles the very next day.

According to Elder Manoban's explanation, it had been at least ten years since he last sat in an airplane. It had also been at least seventeen to eighteen years since he last visited America. This time, he had really come to properly retrieve his granddaughter-in-law, and for the sake of doing so, he was even willing to sacrifice his old life. He wanted to come to Los Angeles for a proper reunion. He planned to stay in Los Angeles for a month before returning to Seoul.

In the Shine Group's CEO office's break room, the television in the living room was currently broadcasting today's news. The host stood behind a video of a crowded space. The west was celebrating Thanksgiving today and the atmosphere was festive. The smiles of the peoples face were a clear indicator of how the atmosphere was gradually spreading across the evening air.

The gentle clatter of plates bowls being moved could be heard from the kitchen. A fragrant scent filled the room.

Jennie breathed in.

Hm. It was sweet and sour pork today.

She raised her head to take a peek.

Warm light was seeping through the gap in between the doors; it penetrated through the dry air and fell into her eyes.

The tall and broad-shouldered man who had only left the senior management meeting two hours ago was currently holding onto a wok as he carefully plated a dish.

The warm light from the kitchen ceiling and the fragrance of his food slowly intertwined in her consciousness; they wrapped him up and gently sent him to the deepest depths of her heart.

The light fragrance of morning dew on him was stained by the scent of the smoke in the kitchen. She stared at the back of his neck; under the warm light, his silhouette was attractive.

These days, the great Boss Manoban, her Chef Manoban, always made whatever she liked. As she was recently infatuated with Korean food again, he began preparing Korean food for her without any complaints. Although he always said that the oil and smoke from preparing Korean food always filled the entire house, he would always prepare several dishes she loved for dinner.

Even today's sweet and sour pork; it must have been because a few days ago at the Los Angeles's Manoban home, Chitthip had made a plate. However, on that day, Jennie could not comfortably eat in front of Marco. She only had two bites before she focused on eating the dishes closer to her.

She had been uncomfortable to eat it even though she wanted it; this was something she did not mention, but Lisa had clearly noticed.

She was still deeply invested in her thoughts when he stepped out of the kitchen. His appearance as he held the plate was even more attractive than the freshly cooked sweet and sour pork.

"What are you looking at?" as she stood up to approach, he freed up one hand to pat her head. "Go wash your hands."

There was a light fragrance from his hand and it carried a warmth she was familiar with. It was as though, just by being in this company break room that could not be anymore typical, they were able to step away from all of the worries in the world. The festive atmosphere brimming over outside easily melted into a typical and comforting day by his side; it was peaceful and unhurried.