Chapter 356

When Yiyi turned around and saw Lisa gently taking Jennie into his arms, her eyelids twitched hard, and she suddenly felt as if faced with imminent death...

The clerks of the cake shop hadn't got what was going on, and the manager of the shop had come downstairs from the second floor. When he caught glimpse of Lisa, he froze.

He had heard what had happened downstairs, but he thought it was just that someone was messing around here, so he didn't come downstairs, although he knew what had happened.

Now seeing Lisa showed up here and seeming to quite care about this little woman, he almost stumbled when he went downstairs. He hurriedly came over to apologize, "CEO Manoban, it's just a mistake, a mistake. Our clerks were being stupid. There are many foreigners among the customers, so they've got into the habit of speaking too freely. I should have taught them how to talk to customers..."

Lisa coldly glanced at Jennie.

Jennie didn't understand why there was suddenly a U-turn in these people's attitudes, so she just looked at them blankly and didn't speak.

"CEO Manoban, are you here to investigate the island project? Or do you have other activities here? Why didn't you inform us in advance, so that we can be prepared to welcome you, but you..." Yiyi's husband had a hunch something bad was going to happen, so he came up and said fawningly.

Seeing her husband being coldly ignored, Yiyi thought for a while and came to Lisa, saying carefully, "CEO Manoban... welcome. This characteristic street is for tourists. Do you mind going to someplace quiet with us? There are so many people here and it's not suitable for you to stay."

Lisa coldly looked at her. "Who are you?"

Looking at his icy eyes, Yiyi felt her heart missed a beat. She took her husband's hand again, saying, "I'm his wife... but I lived in Seoul for more than a decade when I was little. I've long heard of the Manoban family and you..."

The coldness in Lisa's eyes almost pierced through her heart. Seeing the way Jennie talked to Lisa, Yiyi felt they seemed to be familiar, but then she thought maybe they were mere acquaintances and met here. They probably didn't know each other very well.

So Yiyi said, "CEO Manoban, when I still lived in Seoul, I knew Miss Kim very well. She is not a good person. You'd better not waste your time with her. I heard that she is an illegitimate daughter of the Kim family..."

"You heard?" Lisa coldly smiled and his eyes were unfathomable. He sneered. "Did she offend you?"

Seeing CEO Manoban finally responded to her, Yiyi felt her guess was right. He actually didn't know Jennie well, so she hurriedly turned around and pointed to the nine-tiered blue cake that hadn't been packed by the clerks. "No, she didn't, but I ordered this cake and planned to gift it to my husband's great-grandmother who is already in her nineties. We specially booked a nine-tiered cake, but Jennie was so rude and insisted on touching it. This is food. How can she touch it! How can we eat it after she touches it? The shop assistant tried to stop her, but she quarreled with her, so the truth is..."

Before Yiyi finished her long speech, Jennie whispered to Lisa in a voice that only he could hear. "I didn't touch it. I know the cake is food. I just felt curious and came over to take a look. I withdrew my hand before I touched it. I didn't touch it."

Before Yiyi stopped speaking, Lisa indifferently glanced at the nine-tiered cake not far behind Jennie.

The cake had so many tiers, so it had to be carefully placed on the cart. Otherwise, it would easily fall or crumble and the aesthetic effect would be affected.

He looked at the cake on the cart and then at Jennie. This little woman was really aggrieved but didn't reveal her real emotion, although obviously the good mood she had when she went out for shopping this morning had been ruined.