Chapter 360

In the end, Lisa had to bring Jennie out of the pool.

She had hidden intentionally underwater and held onto her breath for too long, causing her head to ache. When she tried to climb out of the pool, she swayed a little and directly felt back in. This time, she did not hold her breath and immediately choked on a mouthful of water.

Thankfully, Lisa's eyes were sharp and he quickly brought her out of the pool. However, Jennie still had to lean against his arm and cough several times against the floor. The sensation was painful, and the force of her coughs could be felt sharply against her chest. A hammering pain immediately began in her head.

Lisa was worried that there would be problems with her recovery. He brought over a towel from one of the deck chairs and wrapped it around her. He also helped her to wipe her face dry. He then lowered his eyes to check her complexion, "Are you all right? You choked so badly and coughed so heavily. Is your head hurting?"

Jennie nodded but before she could speak, the man decisively lifted her up. As Jennie's feet left the ground, she keenly felt the man's concern for her.

A mischievous thought came to her mind, and she suddenly reached her hands up and pawed against his chest. She whispered softly, "Lili..."

Lisa's arms instantly stiffened. Jennie could clearly sense the change in the man's body and the change in the pressure of the air.

How deeply did he fear that the return of her consciousness would be a short-lived occurrence? He had to be terrified that she would revert to that dazed state, unable to even fight back when she was bullied.

They had been through all sorts of danger, life, death and disaster, and they had walked out of those experiences step by step.

Jennie suddenly felt that she had gone too far.

In the days after her accident, all of the things that Lisa had to bear, and the things he shouldn't have had to bear, he had endured through it all. He kept her well-protected by his side and did not leave her alone for even a moment.

It seemed like she had really crossed the line by making a joke about her own health at this moment.

Jennie quietly lifted her head to check the man's expression. She tugged against his shirt, and as the man felt that her movements were similar to her spoiled ways from a few days ago, he lowered his head only to see Jennie smiling with bright eyes. "I was only joking..."

The man clearly did not find it funny at all. He did not smile and only lowered his eyes to see her bare shoulders, her swimsuit and her half-damp hair. He was expressionless. "Joking?"

Jennie pursed her lips to say, "Earlier, when you brought me out of the pool, you tossed all of the roses meant for me into the pool. Can't I crack a small joke to relieve my feelings of regret?"

"Didn't you say that you don't want them?"

"I didn't say that."

"Hm, I'll compensate you on your birthday tomorrow."

Earlier, Jennie had really developed a headache from coughing. She did not say more and leaned her head heavily against his shoulder. She allowed him to carry her as he pleased and lazily responded with an 'oh.'

The man brought her to leave the pool area and returned to the hotel. After entering the doors, Jennie got ready to leave his arms.

In the end, the man directly kicked the door open. Instead of placing her down, Jennie felt that the man's grip around her waist was tightening. She was then tossed onto the couch. Although her back knocked against the sofa, it did not hurt. At the same moment, she was directly pressed down.