Chapter 367

The news that had spread after the two girls left to complain to the other guests left Lisa very satisfied.

Jennie, on the other hand, was composed as she watched the guests on the dance floor. "If I had been attending only as JM Group's representative, perhaps I would have done my best to avoid any conflict. The only thing I would need to protect is my company's image. But right now, I'm also Mrs. Manoban. Those girls were clearly planning to climb all over me. Does Mrs. Manoban appear so easy to bully?"

How could Jennie be easy to bully? She has never been someone like that.

But when it came to dealing with situations, she was indeed very rational.

Lisa smiled lightly in satisfaction. He tightened his grip around her waist. "With Mrs. Manoban around, it really saves me quite some trouble."

"Do you find those young ladies admiring you troublesome? I always thought that Mr. Manoban secretly liked it." Jennie intentionally attacked him.

The man's palm rubbed against her waist as he whispered huskily into her ear, "Isn't Mrs. Manoban most aware of what I like? Hm?"

Jennie, "..."

She immediately gave the man a look of reproach. However, the man only chuckled lightly as he adjusted the jacket on her shoulders, "If you're tired, let's head back early to rest. There's no need for us to stay here for the entire event."

Jennie made a sound of agreement but was not as immature as to leave early.

After all, they were already late for the event. If they left early, it would really be inappropriate. She knew this in her heart.

As JM Group's CEO and as Shine Group's CEO's wife, even if Lisa spoiled her and doted on her, she needed to be responsible for her own roles.

In the past, she was the Mrs. Manoban Lisa had kept by his side to spoil. Today, she was the Mrs. Manoban that could stand shoulder-to-shoulder with him.

How lucky are we; to share our life in love. Two lives worth of memories and they are all connected to you.

Jennie's twenty-fifth birthday; Lisa's thirtieth birthday.

A month later, when Jennie's and Lisa's vacation had barely started, she was called back to Seoul by Rosé to take charge of the company's new project. The main reason was that the little precious at Rosé's home had caught the flu. It was the first time the child had had a fever since her birth, and it frightened Rosé, the career woman, to death. From what she heard, at 3:00 a.m. in the morning, Rosé had been too anxious to sleep and had rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night. She had held onto her baby refusing to let go, while the hospital doctors were completely unruffled. They prescribed the suitable medication and fever-reducing patches and explained that it was normal for the child to have fever. They also reassured that there was no need for concern.

Whenever Rosé brought up that harrowing night, their fellow colleagues at the company would share about their common experiences. They all shared that the first bout of illness their child had scared them to death. Afterward, when they became more experienced, even when the child had a fever of 39.5 degrees, they would be unruffled...

Since Jennie's returned to Seoul, Rosé and the colleagues at her company spoke endlessly about their experiences with children. Every day, they pressed her to have a child.

It had only been two months since her full recovery. Things couldn't possibly move that fast. Jennie personally did not feel the need to rush.

Time passed and eventually, it was Lisa's birthday.